Hacking So Ive got arm9loaderhax, now what?

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so just spent probally the last 6 to 7 hours following this guide to go from 10.5.30 firmware on my n3ds to arm9loaderhax custom firmware.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Everything went smoothly but now that Im here with the homebrew launcher on the home menu staring me in the face Im kinda confused how I get back to normal? Like get my games back, set up a custom theme, and what not. Do I need to re run the emuNAND set up from HB to launch into another custom firmware or something? Also, can I ever like, undo this whole thing for whatever reason? Or am I stuck on this custom firmware forever? I guess I backed up all my NANDS though, sysNAND and emuNAND, so thatd be how i get back if I needed I guess.
Its like almost 4 am so maybe Im just missing something in my tired state. I mean I thought I got stuck in cakes at step 33 in the last section and freaked out for like 3 mins until I reread the instructions so I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.
thanks

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Just restore your system to how it was before you started everything (you should have made sysnand/emunand/sd content backups)
Now you can:
- Stay on your old methode of booting CFW (have OTP ready untill you decide to do the step)
- Compile your OTP into A9LH and install it to use A9LH compatible CFW
- Then choose to boot straight into Emunand 10.6 and have sysnand 9.2 with firmware90.bin or normal firmware.bin (most recommanded)
- or choose to boot into sysnand 9.2 and update it to 10.6 (while keeping the FW patched so you can run and install cia's) with emunand (best is 9.2 then)
- or choose to boot into sysnand 9.2/10.6 and get rid of emunand fully (not recommanded)

Best to read-up in the CFW threads like AuReiNand/CakesFW/ReiNand (or rxTools) on how to setup everything properly

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, once you haxed the arm9loader, you actually may want to load an arm9. Idk, cakes, aureinand, something cool. Put them to boot your emunand, or make an emunand then boot it or just screw your sysnand or something. Keep your sysnand backup pre a9lh, you can undo the thing with that.

Update or whatever, if you really are running a9lh you can update. Or don't. Geez you got access to whatever you want from there. Want games? install a cia installer. Want hacky stuff ? start fiddiling with cfw. If you don't feel like it, just restore your sysnand already.

00technocolor00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right yeah Ill try some of those things out. Agian it was like almost 4 am when I finished it all up so I didnt really look much into arm9 stuff. Definitely going to emulate older systems like snes and gba.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Just restore your system to how it was before you started everything (you should have made sysnand/emunand/sd content backups)
Now you can:
- Stay on your old methode of booting CFW (have OTP ready untill you decide to do the step)
- Compile your OTP into A9LH and install it to use A9LH compatible CFW
- Then choose to boot straight into Emunand 10.6 and have sysnand 9.2 with firmware90.bin or normal firmware.bin (most recommanded)
- or choose to boot into sysnand 9.2 and update it to 10.6 (while keeping the FW patched so you can run and install cia's) with emunand (best is 9.2 then)
- or choose to boot into sysnand 9.2/10.6 and get rid of emunand fully (not recommanded)

Best to read-up in the CFW threads like AuReiNand/CakesFW/ReiNand (or rxTools) on how to setup everything properly

im not agree...why u dont recommended get rid the emunand? emunand is useless with a9lh and in the sase that u need it you can restore it if you have a backup

greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...