Hacking So its been a while, what to do now?

Silver5656

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I own a ds lite, and an original r4 card when they came out several years ago. I havent played with it in a while, and was wondering what should i do? Is the r4 worth keeping? if so what should i upgrade to firmware to? If not, what should I get? I dont really feel like putting more money into upgrading the lite to a 3ds as I rarely play handheld games. I mostly want to play nes/snes games for nostalgia reasons. Should I just sell everything and run an emulator on my mac/pc?

Silver5656

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply Rydian. As usual i figured a pc would do it best, but would a mac be ok too? I only ask because I have a mba and it would be sweet to be able to play nes/snes games on it (although I dont know if it'll take a xbox 360 usb controller). Any idea how much a used very good condition ds lite and r4 plus a buncha 1gb kingston micro sd's would sell for? I dont think its worth keeping just for some nes games

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original r4 it my opinion is the 2nd best card you can get thanks to YWG "Yellow Wood Goblin" & his Wood kernel.
So, It is definitely worth keeping.

The only drawback for me is the fact that the original r4 won't read microSDHC cards meaning that it will only read microSD cards up to 2GB. "normally"
This shouldn't be a drawback at all for anyone who just wants to play NES & SNES games.

The best NES emulator is nesDS r98 b by huiminghao currently... http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/

The best kernel/firmware ever released for any flash cart is Wood 1.46 by YWG... http://gbatemp.net/t...firmwares-v146/
So, You should update your kernel to Wood 1.46.

Personally, I wouldn't sell the DS Lite if I was you because you can play the DS Lite on the go waiting at the doctors office, on an airplane, on work or school breaks, on vacation, riding in a car, riding the train/subway, while in bed & much more.

I understand not wanting to put money into it & personally the only thing I think that you should buy to go along with what you already have is an EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion Pack.
http://wiki.gbatemp...._for_EZ-Flash_V

With that said, Who says you can't have a computer & play NES/SNES games on it too.
Your MacBook Air would most likely do a great job emulating NES/SNES games however it isn't as portable as the DS Lite.
So, I think you should keep & use both.
This , This & This, Might help you with your controller issue. :)

If you really want to sell your DS Lite, r4 & microSD cards I would upgrade all of them to Wood 1.46, install a Mario theme or something "Nintendo Relative", install FlashMe v8a so the DS Lite automatically boots to the r4, make sure that you clean it up good, put in up on CraigsList for $80-100 but don't take lower than $60 if it is in great "$40 good" shape, "keep in mind that you can always go down on the price but you shouldn't go up" demonstrate what the r4 can do clearly to the person buying it.

Also, Keep in mind that it is illegal to sell copyrighted material so you are giving the r4 cart & microSD cards away for free to who ever buys your DS Lite.

If you have a wife, girlfriend, niece, nephew, brother, sister, mom, dad, cousin or any other family member you could fix it up & give it to one of them.
"that is what I do 90% of the time"
A lot of people surprisingly don't know about flash carts so it is a real nice gift for them.

As far as value of your DS Lite it really depends on your area & what kind of shape it is in.
Where I live I've seen them go as low as $20 but normally they go for $40-$60 even $80 in perfect shape with the box & everything on CraigsList, on eBay they sell for around the same price as CraigsList & at GameStop you would only get $20 trade $16 cash.

Anyway, That is my two cents.

Spencer

:yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1