Hacking So. Is the patched switch hackable ?

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone !

I just want to know if my patched switch is hackable :P !
I didn't find on google so I ask here.
My firmware 6.2.0

[UPDATE] Team Xecuter found a way to hack the patched Switches, they say it would be released soon ! (I know I'm a bit late, but I forgot I made this post) : https://team-xecuter.com/happy-holidays-from-team-xecuter/

Last edited by Dathuss,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patched units are not vulnerable to the RCM exploit. Deja Vu, a currently unreleased software exploit, will not work on 6.2.0.

If you care about hacking your Switch, you should sell the one you have and try to get one vulnerable to the RCM exploit.

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Patched units are not vulnerable to the RCM exploit. Deja Vu, a currently unreleased software exploit, will not work on 6.2.0.

If you care about hacking your Switch, you should sell the one you have and try to get one vulnerable to the RCM exploit.

Sad

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think hexkyz [sorry if i wrote wrong] has already came up with ways of accessing the kernel in patched units, but it has not been released yet. If i'm not mistaken they are waiting for the Mariko units to be released to check if the vulnerability they found is patched or not. In case the exploit is unpatched, Mariko units will be able to have CFW on pretty much the first weeks, which would be awesome!

Also, i think the same person also released an userland exploit for patched units? Unsure if it saw an actual release, but i saw it being teased here on GBATemp, or at least something of sorts.
If i'm wrong, please, someone correct me!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, i think the same person also released an userland exploit for patched units? Unsure if it saw an actual release, but i saw it being teased here on GBATemp, or at least something of sorts.
If i'm wrong, please, someone correct me!
The userland exploit is not compatible with 6.2.0 either.

Reactions: Vieela
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My switch have a unhackable serial number but my question is only to know if it can be hacked

The clue would be unhackable, I’m sure it gonna happen at some point. TX claim to be working on them but we’ll see what comes of that.

At the moment it isn’t gonna happen. Probs best to move it on if it’s the only way to get an exploitable console. If in no rush then enjoy it for what it is :yay:

Reactions: TPMJB

Dathuss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The clue would be unhackable, I’m sure it gonna happen at some point. TX claim to be working on them but we’ll see what comes of that.

At the moment it isn’t gonna happen. Probs best to move it on if it’s the only way to get an exploitable console. If in no rush then enjoy it for what it is :yay:

Where can I find news for TX's progress ?

Last edited by Dathuss,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find news for TX's progress ?
There is no news to track. In fact, they might not even have anything for patched units. The announcement they made was made 6 months ago back in July of last year. And we haven't heard a peep then. If they have support, why not release it? It would be an exclusive market for them hence why its probably more likely that they don't actually have support. In fact, several hackers also were able to replicate their "proof" with normal userland (web) exploits which isn't enough to support a CFW.

On the off-chance they do have support, its most likely the same as what the FOSS (free and open-source) community are also holding onto for patched units. If that's the case, it will most likely be a repeat of last year where all hacking teams were holding onto the same exploit but it was leaked by a third-party that wasn't affiliated with any of them.

You'll probably be able to find several unpatched units by the time there is a workaround for patched units. There's no reason for your Switch to collect dust for an exploit that has no indication of being released anytime soon.

Reactions: Dathuss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later