OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe the law that you would get fined for piracy personal use had been passed, along with the prohibiting and prosecution consequences of modchips, is going to happen in Canada. Will it really HAPPEN? Yes I know it's sordof a stupid question...sorry for that , but I want an answer...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
It's called be smart about your piracy. Buy an external hard drive, store all your piracy shit on there, and delete (and defrag) every trace of it off your pc.
That will do nothing. The evidence used to prosecute you are records that you simply downloaded the files in the first place. Does not matter if they're still on your hard drive.

What you need to do is encrypt all your pirating. Usenet with SSL should do the trick.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Problem is, they don't want to be apart from a buck or two for Usenet.

It's funny, they are complaining about having to pay a buck or two to download a lots of movies or games for free...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It hasn't passed yet, I believe. I don't know if it will, the Conservatives are a minority government, and the Liberals won't vote for it, they don't agree with this type of law.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Since I can't help in any way. I have a stupid idea.
Why don't you leave the affected area and download/store files there. eg. Download files in on holiday.
I know its stupid but still.
Or get someone to send you a disc with files on.
Or use a PHProxy like this (warning may not actually do anything)
Sorry I can't be of any actual help.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
science said:
It hasn't passed yet, I believe. I don't know if it will, the Conservatives are a minority government, and the Liberals won't vote for it, they don't agree with this type of law.

Yes, we all need to show our support for the Liberals.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kudoz to the liberals
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

By the way for the person who said get a dvd from sum1 and use that for your data...it wont work, cause the other person would be pirating as well.

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
silent sniper said:
It's called be smart about your piracy. Buy an external hard drive, store all your piracy shit on there, and delete (and defrag) every trace of it off your pc.
That will do nothing. The evidence used to prosecute you are records that you simply downloaded the files in the first place. Does not matter if they're still on your hard drive.

What you need to do is encrypt all your pirating. Usenet with SSL should do the trick.

That's what I do. The extra cash is worth the piece of mind.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope some miracle of some sort will stop this law. If this law gets amended in Canada it's going to be really easy to get it amended in other countries as well... Who knows, in a year there might be no one selling mods anymore.
frown.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
Yeah but a CD cant be sent through the mail--from out of country. Especially from the Northern US areas into Canada.
OH YES BECAUSE IT'S CLEARLY LEGAL TO PIRATE SOFTWARE IN THE US.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As long as this thing doesn't pass, we're fine. Just run to America.
ph34r.gif
Plus with all this piracy crap, plus the price of fuel, I actually think the government is ripping us off, trying to get money.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
science said:

You do realize that the predecessor to this bill (C-61) was introduced by the Liberals (C-60) right? C-60 was killed because of the dissolution of Parliament triggering the election, it had already passed it's first reading [Thanks Wikipedia for refreshing my memory]. It's only being brought up again now by the conservatives.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since the federal government here in Canada is on break now. when they come back that bill will be probably put into 2nd reading and then may be passed. If that happens you can kiss Harper's ass goodbye. However there is a flipside as when they get back, they could bury it or not even pass it

that's what I got from reading up on an article about it on cbc.ca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)