Hacking Question So I bought SX Pro - what next

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Few minutes ago I ordered SX Pro and have few questions.

Specially about Auto RCM - heard that could brick console - is it really that risky?

And about downgrade is IT still didn't prevent burning mem card for fuses same as fuseless update method?

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few minutes ago I ordered SX Pro and have few questions.

Specially about Auto RCM - heard that could brick console - is it really that risky?

And about downgrade is IT still didn't prevent burning mem card for fuses same as fuseless update method?

Auto RCM only risk is it booting into RCM you think the switch is off and the battery drains. Then you can't get it turned on. So you need to leave the battery charging for a long time.

With SX pro you can install emunand and not worry about fuses. I currently have 2.0 ofw and a 6.01 emunand I can boot into either one :)

Last edited by sharkie545,

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Auto RCM doesnt brick. Just users not understanding how it works. Read read and read some more
In fact, AutoRCM _does_ (revertably) brick the console, but that's an intended feature so the console boots in RCM mode and you can use the exploit.

But yeah, it will damage your switch battery probably as you can easily forget that the switch is in RCM mode which drains your battery completely and is also bad for the battery (additionally charging takes a long time)

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In fact, AutoRCM _does_ (revertably) brick the console, but that's an intended feature so the console boots in RCM mode and you can use the exploit.

But yeah, it will damage your switch battery probably as you can easily forget that the switch is in RCM mode which drains your battery completely and is also bad for the battery (additionally charging takes a long time)

I do not really get it right... I've read that turing console do cut power and console reboots to RCM, good thing will be some splash screen showing that i am in RCM mode or sth...

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I do not really get it right... I've read that turing console do cut power and console reboots to RCM, good thing will be some splash screen showing that i am in RCM mode or sth...
Yes, if you shut down the console normally, you end up in RCM instead of being powered off. However, there is no splash screen showing you that you are in RCM mode, the screen stays completely black just like when you have powered it off. The only way to see that you are in RCM mode is when you plug it into your computer and see in e.g. TegraRCMGui that RCM is active, it is not visible from looking at the console alone. You can shut down the console completely by booting e.g. hekate and then selecting the power off option - but I think it boots again in certain scenarios (have forgotten about that part though).

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Um, questions about AutoRCM are answered the same for SX OS, Atmosphere, RajNX or ReiNX - because it is basically the same method.
Most of us even haven't mentioned TX.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not inb4 the Anti TX activists but don't let them discourage you when you see them. Plenty of people use SXOS because their product works well enough and it's very accessible.

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use SX Pro without ever needing to use Auto RCM.

I've never used it and never seen a good reason to.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't like AutoRCM because it can be confusing. I find it easy enough to use the jig. This way when I'm getting black screen I know it's probably because I'm stoned and put the jig on the left side (done that twice now), didn't put the usb-c dongle in far enough or it wasn't charged.

But to each his/her own.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't ever need to use autorcm to use sx-pro. I personally rather use the jig everytime I have to reboot my console which only happens when I need to add games to the sd card. so it's not a big deal. I'm also on latest ofw and everything works fine. I see no need to be on anything lower than 6.0.1.

Reactions: Krazyeye

evenxzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Maldives
so on emunand of SX OS, how do I update XCI games? Can I just simply update the games on the emunand on stealth mode or just need to go back to OFW and update the XCI?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so on emunand of SX OS, how do I update XCI games? Can I just simply update the games on the emunand on stealth mode or just need to go back to OFW and update the XCI?

Stealth Mode blocks all Nintendo based communications so if you want to use the normal update method you have to deactivate that. I don't recommend you do it, even on emunand. The only other way is to find a .NSP of the update and install it with SX OS's .NSP installer

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally you would have to update it through OFW but it's likely that you will be banned sooner or later. I waited till yesterday to update from 5.1 to 6.0.1 and was able to update all my xci's however I'm pretty sure next time I go online I will be banned. best thing to do is find the updates as nsp and install them offline.

AsmodeusML

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
There is a lot of misconception about AutoRCM. No, there is no risk of bricking your console. In my opinion, if you want to make absolutely sure that you do not burn your fuses, then you need it ( I also like that it prevents me from abusing right joy con slot and pins by constantly removing it). There is a reason ChoidujourNX applies it by default. If you do not care about fuses, then it is not required at all. And with the release of deja vu, nobody will care about fuses until the next big firmware update

Last edited by AsmodeusML,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of misconception about AutoRCM. No, there is no risk of bricking your console. In my opinion, if you want to make absolutely sure that you do not burn your fuses, then you need it ( I also like that it prevents me from abusing right joy con slot and pins by constantly removing it). There is a reason ChoidujourNX applies it by default. If you do not care about fuses, then it is not required at all. And with the release of deja vu, nobody will care about fuses until the next big firmware update
There was a guy who bricked an edev by using SX autoRCM ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Guess its been out on PC for a year. Was up for some indie awards.