So how was your day, oh me? I lost the will try anything every again.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is my story, you might think this should go on a blog, well STFU the internet doesn't need another blog. Nobody would read mine anyway.

I need to make some money, and having tried for 3 months to find a job ANYWHERE, I even applied at my old job that I quit cus it sucked. Nothing. (I got fired from my second job for missing one day, quit first one due to suck.)

ADDED AFTER THE REST WAS TYPED: My friend is a modding genius, and he has a secret spot on the controller for rapid fire mods with no 555 timer or anything, and it is not P1 LED. There are 2 spots so you can do rapid fire for LT & RT!

So I go and I figure a 360 controller with a rapid fire mod sells for $100 easy on craigslist, hey I know how to solder I can make some money doing that! A controller is only $50, couple switches $5 I have the rest of the stuff I need! I just need about $30.00 so I can get a controller to mod!
Hey, why don't I sell my R4DS! I want a CycloDS anyway, I can get one after the mod is done and I make some money! So a few days later someone buys it for $40.00 perfect! I go and get a 360 controller, get the switches I need, everything is look good! The screwdrivers to open it even get delivered just as I walk to my door! WOW!
So I test the controller for a while, works perfect! (on my brothers 360) So I take out all the screws and open er' up! I know just what to do I warm up my iron and get the wires a switches ready, makes a couple perfect holes for the buttons to go in under the controller and start soldering!
So I solder to the middle pin on the LT and RT buttons, solder to [SECRET SPOT]. (and note the wires are connected to nothing at this point!)
Then I decide, better test the controller, just for fun.
NOTHING, IT DOESN'T WORK WTF!?
Well maybe the fuse got blow, looks ok, reads ok with the multimeter???
Controller still not working!?
So I just bridge the fuse, whats the worst that can happen? I have seen my friend have to do on on one controller he modded and that fixed it!
happy.gif

WHAT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!?!?!?!!?
Ok lets try some different batteries, no nothing.
Lets try an official 360 battery pack!
NOTHING WTF!?
Well maybe I just need to bridge it with something different, lets try this coated wire! Ill just strip the ends!
NOTHING!
cry.gif

I DID NOTING WRONG! I WATCHED MY FRIEND DO IT 5 TIMES! I DID EVERYTHING THE SAME AS HIM!? THE CONTROLLER IS COMPLETELY DEAD! I mean I know I am not the kind of modding or anything but how could I fail this hard? How could I break something without even TRYING!? The only thing I ever managed to make is a minty boost.
frown.gif

So now here I am NOW, no money, no R4DS, no job, no will to go on...

So what now?

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their is already people mowing lawns for other people.

I don't see any old people with dogs either.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is everyone here does that stuff themselves because they have no money to pay people.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
epicelite said:
The problem is everyone here does that stuff themselves because they are too lazy to get off their asses and get a job therefore have no money to pay people.

fixd. half the people complain about not having money yet don;t go out and get a job. so they do it themselves and fail miserably. even flipping burgers would suffice or a trolley boy but most don;t bother

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
You could always try to fix the controller. May just be a popped cap(and replace the fuse). The components wouldn't cost all that much

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLSpartan said:
You could always try to fix the controller. May just be a popped cap(and replace the fuse). The components wouldn't cost all that much

It doesn't have any capacitors.
unsure.gif

And the fuse wasn't even broken in the first place.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
epicelite said:
Well how do I tell if a cap is broken, it looks fine.

Check the capacitance with a multimeter. You may have bridged a connection when you were soldering or maybe the wire you used is exposed and touching a connection

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: What cap I don't see any, even SMD ones.

2: The one thing that might be a cap doesn't have any visible connections the PCB.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
You have completely disassembled the controller (So you can see the bottom)? I guarantee the controller will have capacitors

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E