Hacking so eventually these things wil be blockd by an update...?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you have all these questions, why not save them up for a week and post them in one thread?

it appears they have released a new bootloader which is blocking akaio from working. so this means that their new carts may already be updated in some way. as for a tool to allow the user to reflash the card? the team already said no, they will not do this.

-another world

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
The team have said no, but then they would lose out on sales because their card that was once compatible with the DSi no longer will be, so then people who have one will go buying different carts so if the AK Team don't update then they've got themselves a pretty useless cart on their hands, and with more people buying the DSi then all that money that could have been theirs will go away from them. Which is a bit stupid really, so they've got to. If they don't, then maybe the AKAIO team will, but I don't know if they have the right tools or knowledge to do this.

R3AKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
it appears they have released a new bootloader which is blocking akaio from working. so this means that their new carts may already be updated in some way. as for a tool to allow the user to reflash the card? the team already said no, they will not do this.

Who's they? I have a launch system would this be affected?

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R3AKT said:
Another World said:

Nintendo...
o-o

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Martiin said:
R3AKT said:
Another World said:

Nintendo...
o-o

no, team acekard. the new bootloader (on the ak2i, has nothing to do with the dsi), is blocking the current build of akaio. norm is working to fix this as you read this (and if you read this a month from now, its probably already fixed).

-another world

D

Deleted User

Another World said:
no, team acekard. the new bootloader (on the ak2i, has nothing to do with the dsi), is blocking the current build of akaio. norm is working to fix this as you read this (and if you read this a month from now, its probably already fixed).

-another world
Why are they doing this? The Acekard doesn't receive updates that often (compared to other carts at least) and without AKAIO and the cheat.dat (both NOT made by team Acekard) it wouldn't be considered one of the best cards. At least not for me.

The fact that they won't release the application to reflash the card, is really just making it even worse, in my opinion.

R3AKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dry.gif
I just downloaded AKAIO 1.4.1, 2 seconds of my life wasted...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
R3AKT said:
dry.gif

and because you didn't update your loaders but decided to post that, you wasted 30 more.

-another world
AWWWWWWWWW SNAP!!!! I C WAT JOO DID THAR!!!
biggrin.gif

effing eff. I want the AKAIO but yo soy poor. lolz
is it a good card?

jarocho4l1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Another World said:
R3AKT said:
dry.gif

and because you didn't update your loaders but decided to post that, you wasted 30 more.

-another world
AWWWWWWWWW SNAP!!!! I C WAT JOO DID THAR!!!
biggrin.gif

effing eff. I want the AKAIO but yo soy poor. lolz
is it a good card?

um dude
huh.gif
..... AKAIO 1.4.1 isnt a card... Acekard 2 and 2i are...

(
wtf.gif
HAVE YOU NOT READ THE FORUMS!?!?!?!?!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.