Hacking So essentially, having the Wii USB HD Loader is like having a modchip?

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats pretty much it! Also, you can have game channels right on your SysMenu so that makes it even cooler!
happy.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
You still need your Wii chipped or softmodded for it to work..

I already have it softmodded

QUOTE(forbore @ Apr 12 2009, 09:01 PM) Thats pretty much it! Also, you can have game channels right on your SysMenu so that makes it even cooler!
happy.gif

Game channels on the System Menu? Could you show me a video of how it looks like and how to do it?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
ThaDraGun said:

QUOTE(forbore @ Apr 12 2009, 09:01 PM) Thats pretty much it! Also, you can have game channels right on your SysMenu so that makes it even cooler!
happy.gif

Game channels on the System Menu? Could you show me a video of how it looks like and how to do it?

With the new USB Loader interface that lets you navigate through your games with ease with a sleek looking picture on the left-hand side is about as good as what forbore mentioned.
I'd much rather prefer using the USB Loader that loads game images, as they take up less than 100kb per image and don't take up space on the Wii Menu.
Utilizing an emuforwarder with the USB Loader let's you access any of your games from your Hard Disk Drive by simply launching the app from the Wii menu, then navigating through the loader to choose your game. If you were to have game channels, you could store them on your Wii, leaving you with some + and - button pressing while looking for games, or if you use your SD card, it's still taking up more space.
I recommend this custom USB Loader.
As soon as someone makes one for USB Loader 1.4, you should go pick it up, find a nice skin, and download some game covers.

Here's a good site for covers:
NTSC: http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ntsc.php
PAL:http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php

tom5235

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
Link5084 said:
ThaDraGun said:

happy.gif

With the new USB Loader interface that lets you navigate through your games with ease with a sleek looking picture on the left-hand side is about as good as what forbore mentioned.
I'd much rather prefer using the USB Loader that loads game images, as they take up less than 100kb per image and don't take up space on the Wii Menu.
Utilizing an emuforwarder with the USB Loader let's you access any of your games from your Hard Disk Drive by simply launching the app from the Wii menu, then navigating through the loader to choose your game. If you were to have game channels, you could store them on your Wii, leaving you with some + and - button pressing while looking for games, or if you use your SD card, it's still taking up more space.
I recommend this custom USB Loader.
As soon as someone makes one for USB Loader 1.4, you should go pick it up, find a nice skin, and download some game covers.

Here's a good site for covers:
NTSC: http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ntsc.php
PAL:http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php

lecture.gif

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, you still can't run Gamecube games using the USB loader. There are a few games which won't run properly with the loader, but hopefully those will be fixed in the near future.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Link5084 said:
99% compatibility but only for Wii games and you never have to burn a disc again?
i think the one that's like having a modchip is to be softmodded with cIOSCORP... this is just a better option... and i love having a channel for each backup with their own original banner... it's great... i think it's better than the normal USB loaders...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m