Homebrew So confused about how to get NTR CFW working on New 3DS with Sky3DS+

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought all the required bits and pieces for th hardmod, but the guide says only a select handful of micro sd card readers will work .. Unfortunately none are available in my part of the world. I have about a dozen various card readers but it "must" be one of those listed? Could take weeks to order one :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just bought all the required bits and pieces for th hardmod, but the guide says only a select handful of micro sd card readers will work .. Unfortunately none are available in my part of the world. I have about a dozen various card readers but it "must" be one of those listed? Could take weeks to order one :/
You'd be better off sending it to someone to be hardmodded. By the time you buy all the equipment it would cost about the same, but no risk due to low skill.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not a single one in Australia, unfortunately.
Ah that's right, ShadowTrance doesn't do it anymore...
Another option is to buy a spare N3DS, install a9lh on it, then system transfer your console to it, wait 7 days, buy Fieldrunners, load the save, system transfer, and downgrade your console and install a9lh etc. Then all your data will stay intact. And resell the N3DS probably for more money than you bought it for.

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the only adapter available in my entire country that remotely resembles the suggested - https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/memory-card-readers/mobile-mate-duo-reader-writer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah that's right, ShadowTrance doesn't do it anymore...
Another option is to buy a spare N3DS, install a9lh on it, then system transfer your console to it, wait 7 days, buy Fieldrunners, load the save, system transfer, and downgrade your console and install a9lh etc. Then all your data will stay intact. And resell the N3DS probably for more money than you bought it for.

Not an option either, I'm afraid :(
Both consoles are Japanese and all DSi exploits have been pulled from the Japanese eShop.

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've gone ahead and purchased the Anker usb 3.0 8 in 1 from overseas. It should arrive in 3 to 4 weeks.
All up I paid about $70 AUD ($55ish USD) for the soldering iron, solder, wires, screwdriver, connectors and card reader. Only thing I couldn't purchase was the skill or knowledge to do it lol.

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks mate :) I've seen this one, but it doesn't actually say how to remove the motherboard, and the work that's being done in the photos is apparently on the underside, which means it would most likely need to be removed beforehand.
I may be wrong, but that's what I gathered from the guide you linked.
yeah that should be fine, sucks that jpn has no dsiware downgrade options

michael2016

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure you try soldering on something else first because i don't think you wanna mess this up

You're not wrong!
I haven't soldered since highschool over 2 decades ago lol.
I guess I need to wait for the sd card reader to arrive anyway, and that's going to take about a month knowing how crappy international postage usually is.
I have a bunch of usb micro readers but not hopeful they'll actually work :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back