Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it's finally my last year of high school(I'll miss my childhood oh so much
frown.gif
) and it's college application time! Yay...But seriously, I'm sort of freaking out. What if the universities I'm applying to don't get my stuff right? What if I make a dumb typo or mistake in my application that will jeopardize my future? Writing college essays isn't too fun either. I think I'm over thinking things, but it's so weird to finally be all growed' up, and leaving home next year. It's sad to think about at times.
sad.gif

In a couple of months, it'll all be over, including FAFSA, which is probably worse than doing college applications, so I can look forward to that at least. This has honestly got to be the first time in which I'm sort of stressed about school stuff; university will be a wake up call next year...

Anyone else in the process of applying to universities? Anyone currently in their first year and would like to share experiences/advice?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just because you get into a good college, it doesn't mean you'll do well there. (Golden Rule of college in my opinion)
Make certain whether or not you are willing to move far away from home before you select a college; keep in mind that at most colleges, the majority of students live near the area.
As for the application process, it should be very easy except the essays and letter of recs (if you need them). Remember to put any hobbies you do(video gaming counts!)

Tokyo Jihen

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
It's not so much what college you get into, but whether or not you get an internship once you're there. This is the single most important thing, remember it.
Thanks. My stepbrother works in the industry I plan to get a job in after college, so I'm sure he can help me a bit.
smile.gif

DeMoN said:
Just because you get into a good college, it doesn't mean you'll do well there. (Golden Rule of college in my opinion)
Make certain whether or not you are willing to move far away from home before you select a college; keep in mind that at most colleges, the majority of students live near the area.
As for the application process, it should be very easy except the essays and letter of recs (if you need them). Remember to put any hobbies you do(video gaming counts!)
Yeah, at least my work ethic is improving, yay. And my parents won't let me go out of state anyway
tongue.gif
I'm only applying to UCs, so one set of applications and essays and I'm pretty much done. Btw, it took me forever to figure out where your avatar came from
smile.gif

Inunah said:
Your post is 80% of why I will never go to college.
mellow.gif
It is quite depressing, isn't it?

QUOTE(mcp2 @ Nov 14 2010, 12:44 PM)
Don't worry, you can apply to loads of them. We in the UK are only allowed 5.
Only applying to 4. Gladly so.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
It's not so much what college you get into, but whether or not you get an internship once you're there. This is the single most important thing, remember it.

This.

Frankly, employers don't give jack shit about education - just the title of the degree in most cases - unless, of course, it's from a very popular school, like Cambridge or something.

Also, frankly, Uni isn't...all that different from high school.

imshortandrad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in my senior year and filling out applications. In a few weeks I should be getting some letters and I'm stressing out. It's getting easier the more I fill out, and I actually had my first college visit today. I must say, it's a lot better actually visiting the college, and makes me feel more comfortable and not as freaked out. It's just a stressful time for all of us. Good luck with your colleges!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...