So Anyone Know of...?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sterling, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2009

So Anyone Know of...? by Sterling at 5:43 AM (1,140 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Ok so I like tons of custimization, but I don't like rpgs' like "The Dark Spire". Also games that have some simple amusement in them, but not so simple that I feel like a child playing it.

I Have a few Catagories that I have games in, but I'm strapped for an idea of a game that fits me [​IMG]

Pokemon Types__________________Turn Based Strategy________________Findits'______________ Rpgs with Great Stories
    Pokemon Pearl, Diamond,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Final Fantasy Tactics A2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hidden Objects ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Final Fantasies
    Platinum ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Super Robot Taisen OG Saga

So anyone have a suggestion within these catagories, or have another suggestion to another game that you have liked. I will look up any suggestions in this topic and will see if its right for me. (maybe a little emulation on my computer will help [​IMG])

2. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Wow so limited; try Chrono Trigger DS! (For the first time playing it, I must agree this game rocks!) Summon Nights: Twin Age! (A good game if you had never played any of the Summon Nights game) TWEWY (A unique storyline with great gameplay)

3. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have no clue what that chart means because I'm far too tired, I'm afraid. But I'm not an RPG fan at all, but I do enjoy the following:

My World My Way - turn based, fun story that parodies the entire genre, easy to grasp, and you can customize how you play simply by pouting

Rhapsody - Fun port of a PS1 game that has simple gameplay, charming graphics, and is pretty easy to play in terms of mechanics

Luminous Arc 2 - Turn Based Strategy with a fun story that even included weird interludes about a poor monster just trying to live, bonus points if you like fan service since your team is essentially all pretty anime girls you have to "engage" to use a special power (engaging means you get to see them in a very sexy wedding dress, nothing more risky)

Mario & Luigi 2 - Double points just for the Mario Bros fan service. Easy to play, fun to master, great story.

4. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Pokemon- Platinum. Certainly its the improved version of both D/P after all. And Heart Gold/ Soul Silver.... releasing fall 2009 in japan.
    TBS- Endless Frontier is not TBS, its RPG. Anyways try Valkyrie Chronicles too beside FFTA2. Oh and Fire Emblem of course
    Findits- Millionheir, cate west(or something like that)
    RPGs with great stories- ARPG FFCC:RoF Turn based RPG- DQ V [​IMG] and Chrono Trigger DS

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
  6. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    pokemon plat, pheonix wright, kh 358/2 days(not that hard), bleach blade of fate, katekyoshi hitman reborn flame rumble.. something..

7. Domination

Singapore
    @Elixir
    He has specific categories like, Pokemon (D/P/Pt are all one game in the list), RPGs with great stories (Suikoden had good gameplay, but the story was not as good as FF IMO), Find items (Is there such a genre?)....

But for TBS.... refer there. Or you could go here

8. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    SO?
    still making such thread is the same like hey recommend me games [​IMG]
    why not just go there and browse the list
    i think those nice games that he wanted would be mentioned there [​IMG]

furthermore... one can easily just identify the game and wikipedia / google it [​IMG]

9. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Also, this topic.

10. Domination

Singapore
    Yeah.... but not all reviews can be trusted.... Platinum has a lower score at gamespot because its a remake..... I think its best to read up and go to officail websites instead. Or try games randomly from the list of "Turn-based RPG" or something like that. You have your own tastes after all.

11. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I like to use a general rule of thumb with Pokemon games: if you are coming into a generation of games late, and they've already released the remake/expansion (Pokemon Green, Yellow, Platinum), it's usually the best bet to go with that. Reviews are always going to be less for them, if only because they are just slightly different than the games that proceeded them, but they tend to combine enough pokemon to be viable and feature the extra DVD-like content.

12. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Wow so many replies, and not enough time before school to check them all out.

@i.Domination: I did say to suggest me any game and I would check it out if not borrow it from a friend. The catagories are there to show what games I have in my collection that I play the most. That also does not include the games I had (suikoden terkreis, Mario and Luigi 2(That was a kick ass game), My World My Way was a nice little distraction [​IMG]) and even more that I can't remember (I've owned like 50 different games in the past 2 - 3 years)

These are all nice suggestions, and I'm not really picky as long as it ain't imagine, or petz. I'll be sure to check out every game that's interesting and get back with you guys to announce my choice [​IMG]

13. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    If you liked FFTA2, I think you'd love Disgaea DS.

As far as 'findit' games; "millionheir" is worth checking out. (Not much in the way of story, but you don't really need a story to find hidden objects)

From now on, in each of these "recommend games" threads, I'm also gonna suggest Peggle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.