So, any Mother/Earthbound fans on GBATemp?

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earthbound is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, possibly just one of my fav games of all time in general, the combat is very solid and has decent difficulty, but what mainly made the game awesome for me was its quirky dialogue.

Mother 3 refined the battle system and had a better plot, alone with characters having more personality, but I didn't feel like it had the same charm Earthbound did, and felt like it ended too early before doing much with the main party together, still a great game though.

I haven't tried out Mother 1 yet but I plan to once the new K1 gets shipped.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a mother 3 cartridge is beyond rare, also they are really expensive, emulating them its the only choice because of its english translation patch too (thanks tomato)

what does that have to do with what i said?

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mother 1 is being remade with the Earthbound engine, but it's taking a long time since custom scripts, music, etc has to be programmed from scratch.
Really? Pics or it didn't happen.

http://forum.starmen...Remake/page/13/

There are pictures in the spoilers; in fact, I'd recommend skimming the entire thread.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll keep an eye on this along with everything else I take an interest in.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
And its bad to emulate the game why?

haha, that's arguable, but you people are reading too much into my post hahahaha
seriously, 3 words.
No its not. From where i'm standing I see no shame in emulating games if anything i'm happy I can even play the game in the first place.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that the main reason Earthbound wasn't successful in North America is that they didn't release a standard edition, although there were several other factors that prevented it from becoming popular. So you got a game that no one knew about, that only came in a $100 edition that included extras like a fullsize strategy guide and scratch-and-sniff stickers (normal games were $60, but money was of higher value back then), coupled with a terrible ad campaign (the "this game stinks" campaign that likely repelled customers from buying it). Not to mention the fact that JRPGs were declining in popularity internationally and that anyone who was still into that genre was busy with Final Fantasy 3 (VI) at the time.
(thanks tomato)
lolwut
Mato (aka tomato) is the guy who was in charge of the fan translation of Mother 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A