EarthBound Fans

Earthbound Is #OverRated, But Mother 3 Is Better

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think due to being one of the top 2 most expensive cartridges (other being Chrono Trigger) as per my experience/observation. Also it had a cult following before the Mother 1 - Earthbound Zero cart was found. It is a good game. I enjoyed the first half immensely. There's something about feeling like a kid again in 80s and 90s biking around town and exploring. In this moment I'm just realizing how cool it would be to make a whole region filled with towns and highways. Same graphics. Same music. Either walk, bike, take a bus, or drive around - like one big giant relaxing simulator. You're only armed with a camera and a logbook and you explore or just aimlessly drive around.

It is much better on actual hardware hooked up to a crt than on an emulator. Same with EB0 - love it on an actual NES. Still blown away the game got cancelled due to the silliest reason ever. NOA could still have just released the game for US and then if popular, release it in Canada a year later. It was ready to roll.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think mother is worse
Post automatically merged:

Still blown away the game got cancelled due to the silliest reason ever. NOA could still have just released the game for US and then if popular, release it in Canada a year later. It was ready to roll.
Yeah, if HAL could release kirby's adventure then why not mother 1?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't get why Earthbound was the game that people played the most on snes emulators?

Why do you think Mother is better?

I don't know how you got the measurement, but if I were to take a guess to support the idea, is that Earthbound didn't get really popular until after it was out of print. It was a word-by-mouth marketing and internet coverage that exposed what a great gem it is.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I don't know how you got the measurement, but if I were to take a guess to support the idea, is that Earthbound didn't get really popular until after it was out of print. It was a word-by-mouth marketing and internet coverage that exposed what a great gem it is.
They probably think random encounters are better

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably think random encounters are better

GOD, I meant to say Mother 3 in my title. Thats like saying Zelda 1 is better than Link to a Past.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tbf the sequels wouldn't exist without a proof of concept. Personally, Mother 3 became accessible to me a little too late for me to be able to relate to it as directly as I was able to with Earthbound. I hope I can replay it again sometime in the future with a fresh outlook.

Last edited by tabzer,

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found both Mother 2 - Earthbound and Mother 3 were awesome in their own way. Like separate flavours. There are things I love about Earthbound, but I loved certain elements in Mother 3 also too. Both games are so good, that if there was a Mother 4 coming with 16-bit graphics, I'd get very excited for it. Itoi knows how to make a good story.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: