Hacking Snort48+

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped nearly 500 wads into my Uneek build to try and break Snort's back and destroy its will to live. It handled it all pretty well, but I've only just started fooling with it. I'm not 100% sure that all of the wads are showing up but they might be. I haven't checked that very closely.

I did notice a couple bugs. On the first page of the System Menu, I have the Forecast Channel, News Channel, and Homebrew Channel installed, but Snort doesn't seem to think so. It shows those channels as blank. I can find the Homebrew Channel in Snort's listing, but not the other two. If I tell Snort to put Homebrew Channel into the channel that it shows as blank (but where HBC actually resides), it appears to do so, but the next time I pull up Snort the channel is empty again. The actual SM is unaffected.

In addition, on that same SM first page, I tried to delete two game wads. Snort appeared to do so, but when I got back to the actual SM, they were still there.

Replacing games seems to work just fine.

I like the alphabetization scheme you came up with for listing titles.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
Thanks Marc for this useful app!

I've got 70+ wiiware titles installed on my emulated NAND, and with the newest version they were all visible and I could move them around easily. The only time I ran into trouble was when I tried changing the locations of most of the games (around 30) and after exiting SNORT I got an error about Iplsave.bin.

Cheers
grog.gif

That sounds weird. It shouldn't matter how many games you move.
Next time this happens, please tell me the number that is in red text on the right part of the screen.
QUOTE(Hugh Verdam @ Mar 6 2011, 07:51 AM) I dumped nearly 500 wads into my Uneek build to try and break Snort's back and destroy its will to live. It handled it all pretty well, but I've only just started fooling with it. I'm not 100% sure that all of the wads are showing up but they might be. I haven't checked that very closely.

I did notice a couple bugs. On the first page of the System Menu, I have the Forecast Channel, News Channel, and Homebrew Channel installed, but Snort doesn't seem to think so. It shows those channels as blank. I can find the Homebrew Channel in Snort's listing, but not the other two. If I tell Snort to put Homebrew Channel into the channel that it shows as blank (but where HBC actually resides), it appears to do so, but the next time I pull up Snort the channel is empty again. The actual SM is unaffected.

In addition, on that same SM first page, I tried to delete two game wads. Snort appeared to do so, but when I got back to the actual SM, they were still there.

Replacing games seems to work just fine.

I like the alphabetization scheme you came up with for listing titles.
Don't worry about Forecast, News and Homebrew Channel. They are special titles that I must be treat differently, and I haven't looked at them yet. This is a test version
wink.gif

And also... If you try to delete channnels and you have more than 48 channels, the System Menu automatically fills the empty spots with the first channels it finds.

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Don't worry about Forecast, News and Homebrew Channel. They are special titles that I must be treat differently, and I haven't looked at them yet. This is a test version
wink.gif
Got it. Pretty freakin' good, for a test version.

marc_maxAnd also... If you try to delete channnels and you have more than 48 channels, the System Menu automatically fills the empty spots with the first channels it finds.
Ok...well, in that case I haven't seen any outstanding issues yet, even with the huge number of wads I threw at it. I saw you mentioned earlier that you might consider listing 15 titles at a time as opposed to 8. I support that--I've got over 50 pages to scroll through right now!

Regarding the empty channels, I wonder if there's some way to create an "empty" wad, just the grey static background to imitate an empty channel. I'm probably the only one in the universe who thinks this way, but sometimes empty channels can be used as spacers to give a particular menu page a bit more organization.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Today I'll do the last test, if everything works correctly I'll release the final version.
There are a lot of cosmetic fixes, and support for 15 channels per page in the hidden channel selector. Also, it now forces you to have Disc Channel and Snort48+ Channel.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@marc_max,
great job on this! I had an idea for snort48 during my morning commute and I thought it may interest you. Feel free to ignore it as I know you've already indicated you want this is to be your final release.

But I was thinking it would be awesome if you could lock channels using a different button, then the colour of the channel would change to indicate it is locked or unlocked. And then have another function where snort48 will replace all the unlocked channels with the next X number of channels in the list.

Just for further clarification, here's an example... user installs 200 channels on his emulated nand, user locks his favourite 10 channels that he most frequently plays, user wants to quickly replace the other 38 unlocked channels with the next 38 of his 200, so he hits a button and it shifts all the unlocked channels with the next ones in the list, and if he hits the button again, it will cycle through the next 38 in the list, and so on until the user exits snort48.

What do you think?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@marc_max,
great job on this! I had an idea for snort48 during my morning commute and I thought it may interest you. Feel free to ignore it as I know you've already indicated you want this is to be your final release.

But I was thinking it would be awesome if you could lock channels using a different button, then the colour of the channel would change to indicate it is locked or unlocked. And then have another function where snort48 will replace all the unlocked channels with the next X number of channels in the list.

Just for further clarification, here's an example... user installs 200 channels on his emulated nand, user locks his favourite 10 channels that he most frequently plays, user wants to quickly replace the other 38 unlocked channels with the next 38 of his 200, so he hits a button and it shifts all the unlocked channels with the next ones in the list, and if he hits the button again, it will cycle through the next 38 in the list, and so on until the user exits snort48.

What do you think?
That's a great idea. However, I don't want to continue more projects or I'll never finish any of them! Now I'll focus on Mighty Channels last version.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So what do you actually do when snort48 is not showing up as channel? I can't change any channels

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
fldc said:
So what do you actually do when snort48 is not showing up as channel? I can't change any channels
The latest Sneek/Uneek revisions has a channel loader menu. Press 1 and then HOME and you will see a list of all your channels.
The list is very buggy and sometimes it doesn't show all games (but you can still access it with the D-PAD).

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the Homebrew Channel up and running under Sneek/Uneek you might also be able to launch Snort48+ for the first time using Gecko OS or Triiforce.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fldc said:

I had this problem and I was able to run Joyflow from the HBC to run Snort48 for the first time.

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
marc_max said:
fldc said:
The latest Sneek/Uneek revisions has a channel loader menu. Press 1 and then HOME and you will see a list of all your channels.
The list is very buggy and sometimes it doesn't show all games (but you can still access it with the D-PAD).
Thank you, as this was a uneek only install i got the di module installed and things worked out fine. Nice
biggrin.gif

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now suddenly i get this "Error reading IPL file.". I don't know if this came from running mighty channels on the same nand.
Well, is there an easy fix?

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
marc_max said:
fldc said:
Now suddenly i get this "Error reading IPL file.". I don't know if this came from running mighty channels on the same nand.
Check if /title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin exists.
It does, is it possible to delete this to recreate it?

EDIT:

I've tried to delete it and to use an old iplsave.bin, nothing, same problem, error reading ipl file (ret -2146193704C0)

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:

EDIT:

I've tried to delete it and to use an old iplsave.bin, nothing, same problem, error reading ipl file (ret -2146193704C0)
What's the size of the file? What System Menu version are you using?

fldc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:

EDIT:

I'm using System Menu 4.3E and iplsave.bin is always 4k.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:
marc_max said:
fldc said:

EDIT:

I'm using System Menu 4.3E and iplsave.bin is always 4k.
Please, tell me the exact file size in bytes.
I haven't tested 4.3, and maybe iplsave.bin changed on that version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end