-snip-

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by MJaoune, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011

-snip- by MJaoune at 7:44 PM (981 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. MJaoune
    OP

Member MJaoune GBAtemp Regular

United States
    APSSKD (AntiVir Premium Security Suite Key Downloader) is a software that was created by MJaoune using C++ programming language.
    Version 4.1 has been released on 21st of January 2011.
    Version 4.1 can be used on most computers, since it has a new function that allows the user to choose his/her computer type.

APSSKD can be found at: http://apsskd.weebly.com/

You can search on Youtube or Google for more information.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    "key downloader"... are you sure it doesn't fall under warez?

3. MJaoune
    OP

United States
    No no man I swear that it is safe to use, I've created it using C++ cleanly, if you want you can scan it, and if you found anything you can come and spit on my [​IMG]

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    He's not talking about an infection, he's talking about legality.

A program to create license keys for a program without paying for it... sounds illegal to me.

Better get rid of this.

5. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    Seconded.

6. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    This is nothing illegal. It is just a test to generate a key and to make it expire.

7. MJaoune
    OP

United States
    What illegal, there is nothing illegal, APSSKD doesn't have anything to do with company names or anything, even keys end with the extension .key, so nothing illegal.

8. Mazor

Member Mazor Z80 master arch

Sweden
    1. If you wanted the user to select between Spanish and English (see 3 for why you don't want this) and aren't making the program available to a mostly Spanish userbase you should have let English be the default option.

2. If you actually needed to know which language your user is using (again see 3 for why you don't actually want this) you could have retrieved it from the registry or used the simple wxLocale since you're using wxWidgets.

3. Since the only reason you want to know the language of the OS is to get the path of Program Files you can just use the PROGRAMFILES environment variable.

4. Instead of trying to start Internet Explorer via cmd by looking for it in a specific folder (which will most likely fail) for opening URLs you can just launch the URL and windows will open it in your default browser. Try typing in http://google.com in Start->Run to see the effect first hand.

5. While using preset paths instead of the PROGRAMFILES variable and not launching URLs directly was a bad idea, why did you even use paths like "c:\Progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe"?

6. Your program fails to launch anything on my computer since it won't find anything in "c:\Progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe" etc, but from what I can tell from the code it seems to try to download http://mjdls.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/3/4/6034752/key.key and then do something. What does it do after downloading this file and what is the program even used for?

7. If this is actually version 4.1, where are the other versions and what did they lack that this has?

8. Cool UI bro.

EDIT: 9. How is this actually 5,7mb? What compiler are you using and which unnecessary libraries are you linking against?

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    So, lemme get this straight. This thing generates keys to use with Avira Premium Security Suite.

Keys you would NORMALLY have to pay for, right?

EDIT: Looks like that. Way to go, guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.