Homebrew SnesMulDS

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
granville said:
fgghjjkll said:
SNEmulDS does not run roms with Mode7 or SuperFX
It supports mode7, which is rotating and scaling to create a pseudo3D effect. Seen in games like Fzero and the world map in a lot of RPG's like Final Fantasy 4-6. Mode7 was not a chip, but a hardware feature of the SNES itself The SuperFX chip is not supported, it was used by several SNES games, which had a special chip held inside the game cartridge itself. Some games using it include Starfox and Yoshi's Island. They won't run at all on SnemulDS.

QUOTEMode7 allows pixel resizing and rotation. This was used in Castlevania. SuperFX was used in Megaman X6? (allows 3d polygon shit)

Again, incorrect about the SuperFX and mode7. Megaman X6 was on PS1. I thought YOU'D know that, unless you're pranking the guy or something. Megaman X2 and X3 are the ones you're thinking of, and they used a special chip called C4. The games looked very similar to the first, but i think they used the C4 chip just to make the sprites and effects better. X2 and X3 are the only SNES games to use this chip IIRC.

Here's a list of most of the games using special chips-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super...hancement_chips

If the game is on the list, it won't work. Of course, being absent from the list is no guarantee the game will work. SnemulDS was pretty much abandoned years ago.
i did know it was on ps1 but i didn't know that they didn't release it on SNES (No wonder i couldn't find the rom ;_;). Always do your research on the net kids!
lecture.gif

MisterGuest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happened while playing a game; the saveslot stopped working and when I restart my card was wiped and filled with crap.. One of them was called SMEMUL so I dunno.
Just saying to be careful. I am convinced it was the emulator...

Azlan Uchiha

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
MisterGuest said:
It happened while playing a game; the saveslot stopped working and when I restart my card was wiped and filled with crap.. One of them was called SMEMUL so I dunno.
Just saying to be careful. I am convinced it was the emulator...

Okay..thnx for sharing your experience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place