SNes9xGX Cheats Question...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Skeet1983, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Is it possible to make my own .cht files the program uses for cheats? Some cheats don't work for the game "Secret of Evermore" (Everyone Invincible, etc.) that the program already had. Please help and thanks :)

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Make sure the cheats are for the same version/region of the game. Also try opening the .cht files with notepad or something on the PC to see how they're formatted.

3. ruiner9

ruiner9 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    United States
    You can't create cheats using the Wii, if that's what you mean. What you CAN do is play the same rom in SNES9x on your computer, and use the cheat-finding software built into it to create your own cheats. The .cht file that you create with SNES9x on the computer will be compatible with SNES9x GX, as they're just different branches of the same core program.

4. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Ok. Thanks for all the info guys :)

I have another question regarding the same program (Snes9x gx). Whenever I enable cheats and restart emulator, cheats are set to default off setting. Is there any way I can save which codes are enabled/disabled, without having to set desired codes every time I play a game?

5. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Also, when I press "Home" button in emulator, it just goes to a black screen. Isin't it supposed to go to emulator menu?