Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

MagusLOGS

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Absolutely incredible Snes9x Port! (VirtuaNES too), they both run and look very nice. The Gui is fast, easy to navigate and beautiful looking. I would love to see a Genesis and VBA (GBA, GBC, GB) Port as well because i don't have CFW for GBA VC Injection and a Emulator is more comfortable than VC Injection, you also get GBC and GB emulation inside the GBA Emulator.

It would be a nice feature if the bottom screen could be used to display pictures/screenshots/guides in jpg or png format while playing a game.

For example: if there is a Folder with the same name as the loaded ROM 'Zelda' then the bottom screen could be used to display Guides for MAPs, Items locations, Bosses statistics etc. or for displaying your screenshots of Passwords, High Scores etc. Auto dim the bottom screen after a certain time (set time in config) and use ZL/ZR for switching between the images or hold ZL/RL to switch to next category if the Folder 'Zelda' has multiple subfolders.

Thanks a lot for both Great Emulators!

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any sort of potential at getting home menu forwarders into specific SNES games? Similar to how TWLoader does it.

Honestly, that's the final thing needed to pretty much fully implement the SNES library into the o3DS (and have much better compatibility on n3DS). Obviously, it's not a necessity by any means, but I personally love having official-looking icons to boot from.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any sort of potential at getting home menu forwarders into specific SNES games? Similar to how TWLoader does it.

Honestly, that's the final thing needed to pretty much fully implement the SNES library into the o3DS (and have much better compatibility on n3DS). Obviously, it's not a necessity by any means, but I personally love having official-looking icons to boot from.
Already possible
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-oldsnes-snes-vc-for-old-3ds-users.430190/

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this new version (1.11 released on April 9) run BS The Legend of Zelda?
Sorry, but no. SNES9X releases from a specific time period lack BS Zelda support. They work with Ancient Stone Tablets though. This was a fork of one of those. Later versions would have had a performance toll despite more features like MSU-1 support and a fix for this. Funnily even the Mottzilla Project won't work.

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you got permission to use the latest NDS version of Gameyob and add your level of polish to it, it would be perfect. Right now, the latest 3DS version is worse in both performance and sound for some reason compared to the latest NDS version. But the issue I've had with installing and using the NDS version as a DSiWare title on 3DS is that if the system stays in sleep mode too long, it'll freeze the game and force you to hard shutdown the system.

But yeah, compared to other systems, GB/GBC already has fairly good emulators, so you do what you want. :P

seriously i would kill for a decent GB/GBC emulator on 3DS that had proper Super Gameboy support

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a standalone Genesis emulator for 3DS.
Retroarch cores can be launched directly from the homemenu.
Why Genesis, though?
Retroarch and Retroarch Injects work really well as far as I know.
There are VERY minor slowdown issues on O3DS but it usually runs at full speed otherwise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

GameYob isn't proper SGB emulation, proper SGB emulation would be based on an SNES emulator as it supports features like using SNES sound channels in SGB games. Higan (formerly known as bsnes) has this feature and has had it since when it was still just bsnes.

Reactions: UltraHurricane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool