Homebrew Snes9x, Fceu, Hugo, SMSplus and Genplus cISO´s for usb-loaders

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. So even if there's a setting.xml in the ISO, it wont read it by default, and instead looks for one on USB?

if so, that sucks. I don't have a fat partition on my hard drive. So that means this just went from neat to worthless for me
frown.gif

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is seriously being lost in translation.

If you could just make the exact same snes iso, exactly the same, and just include a copy of settings.xml in it. I'll test what my theory is. No roms in it. No nothing. I don't even care what settings you have in the settings.xml. I just want a config file to be on the ISO. No matter what it is. Just something named settings.xml so I can replace the file with my own copy via WiiScrubber.

So snes9x iso WITH settings.xml in it. If you could make that for me, that'd be awesome. Or if anyone knows a guide on how to make an iso that'd work too. (Or how I can inject a settings.xml into his ISO, all I can get WiiScrubber to do is replace files)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just trying to find out how you made this iso. I would like to add more roms if they will load. And I can't get the snes one to work, but what ever. I would like to put the new genplus but it is way to big. So what program can I use to do this. And what program did you use to make this iso. Thanks for all the help.
PS Can we change the main.dol to a dol that can start wii and gamecube games from disk. Just a thought.

Ps So I tryed replacing the main.dol with a forwarding dol and it just loaded up to black screen. I also tryed with a backup loader to load games from disk, which also went to a black screen. I did get the new genplus_gx.dol file to load up I just used the nes.iso and replaced the main.dol file. But I still do not no how it is going to save the changes to the emulator. I will keep trying more things, I hope someone can get this to load up these things. Thanks for all the hard work.

PS Can you get this to work like a forwarder. Where it just points to a location on the sd card or usb drive and starts the dol file from there. Then we could put the dol file in the same place as the roms are and it would not need a place to save on the iso. Anyways let us know if you can get this iso to act as a forwarder or not. Thanks Again.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Add roms to iso file is not possible (well... is possible, but emulator cant find them).

Its easy to do all of this. You need

Marcam iso template.
Wiiscrubber
Partition Builder
Wii iso title Renamer
Hexeditor
Your new main.dol (boot.dol)

1-Extract files from marcam iso template using wiiscrubber.

2-With an hexeditor edit boot.bin. You will see iso ID at the begining, followed with iso name. Replace it with your new values.

3-With partition builder generate a new partition using files extracted from step 1 and step 2. Using your own main.dol

4-With wiiscrubber, load iso template, then load partition generated on step 3. You will see the new values changed on step 2. (close wiiscrubber)

5-With Wii iso title Renamer change the game id and game name (thats the values displayed on WBFSManager)

Thats all easy, isnt it?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas why I can't get these iso to work as a forwarder. Since the roms have to be on the hard drive or sd card why not run them from there. Thanks for all your help I will try and get all the programs to do this myself. If you want you could put them in a pack for download for any of us that well be working on this. Thanks!

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can you get the Marcam iso template and the hexeditor? Did a google search but did not find it. Can you post it up?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you still need the sd card with snes9x on the card? I tryed the fceu and it launch with no prblem. But I will give it a try.

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Valguerra said:
So you still need the sd card with snes9x on the card? I tryed the fceu and it launch with no prblem. But I will give it a try.

As i said on first post, there are two "version" of snes9x iso. The second dont need sd.

Im trying to do a wiisx iso but im having problems... wiisx.dol dont let me do what i want. (it give a code dump or hangs with forwarded dol) It works well on usb device, but just in case to load it with out any forwarder dol... I dont understant why.
frown.gif

sr_corsario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just update with wiisx iso forwarder and a video tutorial to do all process

Video quallity its not very good, however its very easy to follow.

Sr Corsario

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First let me say that the wiisx forwarder is very cool. Now I tryed to do it myself but failed. So can I get you to put together a pack with the snes, nes, gameboy, genplus, backup Luncher, and any more you want to do. And can you make them out of forwarders that look for usb then sd with no text if the file is found. Well maybe a picture. Here is a link to wadder where you can setup these forwarder dol's. http://wadder.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1441 Just download and change the location to usb first and sd 2nd then comple it and it should work for every app except genplus. I don't know why it dose not work for that app mabe you could get it to work as well. Thanks again

PS We don't need a forwarder for the backup luncher. I just could not get it to work from a iso, but I bet you can.

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks sr_corsario for the video tutorial and the tools for the job! With that info I was able to successfully make my own Gameboy Color ISO.

For anyone else who wants it or if you would like to put it into your initial post here it is:

Gameboy Color ISO

Thanks again,

iamwally

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tryed everything on the video and my main.dol file will not load right. It just loads to a black screen. I could not split my file by 46 files it just would not work right, so I split it by 31 which was as big of a number as I could get. So is it just that some dol files will not work are am doing something wrong. I am using the backup disk loader file from a wii gator auto load wad file. I know the file will load from a forwarder and the hbc. I just can't get it to load in a iso by putting it in as the main.dol file. Thanks for any help.

PS Well I tryed with the forwarder I was talking about 2 post before this one and it worked like a charm. I can use usb loader to run the iso and start the snes emulator from usb or sd. I wish I know how to post a file so you could see it. Thanks for all the help. If you do find a way to get the disk backup luncher to run without the use of a forwarder please let me know. I am going to do more of my emulators. I will let you know if there is a problem.

PS I have got it to work on nes, snes, gba forwarder. Sega genesis is giving me some problems so I might just use yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...