Hacking SNES to VC save conversion

Bobburt444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only found one or two topics on the subject, and am still having a bit of trouble.

I'm trying to convert my emulator Chrono Trigger save file so I can play it on the Virtual Console. I'm kind of stumped. Any ideas? Thanks

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Create a save in the VC version, then dump it with SaveGame Manager GX, then just swap out the save file and reinstall it (be sure you're swapping out the right file, the actual save, not the banner...). You may also need to byteswap the save, I don't remember off the top of my head... See if you can figure it out. If not, I can try for a more detailed explanation, but right now I'm feeling lazy
yaywii.gif

Bobburt444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a charm!

For anyone in the future that might have a hard time finding the process and need to do the same thing as me, I've decided to record the process-

1. The SNES emulator I used was ZSNESW. The save file I used was called "Chrono Trigger.srm"
2. I copied the save file to the desktop and renamed it "savedata.bin" (I didn't have to byteswap or pad or trim or anything!)
3. I extracted the Virtual Console save file with SaveGame Manager GX to my sd card on the Wii.
4. It gave me a folder with a bunch of letters and numbers in the root of my sd card. Go into that with your computer.
5. Replace "savedata.bin" with the new "savedata.bin" that you put on the desktop.
6. Put the sd card back in, open up SaveGame Manager GX again, go to your sd card. Mine showed a little "Chrono Trigger" icon which was the save file.
7. Click on that and then click on "install." BOOM! Done.

Thanks again!

Reactions: KitMikro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright