Hacking SNES Mini - USB cable

BarryC1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone recommend a 3rd party micro usb cable sold in the UK to use with the snes mini and hackchi? I got the mini from ebay so it didnt come with any usb cables. The cables I have are not compatible and the mini cant be flashed.... thanks in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any data, power cable should do. I had more difficulty finding an otg compatible that worked every time with the snes mini.

BarryC1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for the quick reply, I have tried my old phone cables, bought a couple of random unbranded ones from ebay and still the same, mini is rebooted when kernel is loaded... unless I am missing something...!

BarryC1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No nothing ever worked, just always on attempting reboot. I have tried various cables and a desktop and laptop and still same issue. Thanks for your help.

BarryC1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got it quite cheap at 55quid with the 2 original pads in really good condition and the original games all work so I will keep it just for that, tbh I doubt i would use it much its more of a collectors piece (to play around with)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the cable didn't work at all. it works with the original games, but not with haxchi? what about when you flashed haxchi on to the unit?

BarryC1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I may have been unclear, so the mini works connected to power source and I can play all the original games. I run hackchi then press the kernel button (cant remember what its called) and it tells me to put the mini in on position and hold reset as i connect it to pc via usb, at that point it loads 10-14% then reboots the mini and stays like that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're supposed to press the power button when it says to, then press and hold the reset button as you plug it in. then, if all goes well, release the reset button once it starts flashing haxchi. if it doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem could be. it doesn't sound like the cable though. are you holding reset the whole time? you're not supposed to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv