SNES HDTV troubles

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does it uses the red and white and green section of the component for composite (thats how dreamcast is plugged in because wii is using Component cables) and red and white are the audio like normal red/white

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does it uses the red and white and green section of the component for composite (thats how dreamcast is plugged in because wii is using Component cables) and red and white are the audio like normal red/white
So it has an Audio input with the VGA (like it should) All you need to do is get a cable like this here. It'll give you sound.

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about no sound when playing on the computer (unless i use amcap but that is a timed trial so it shuts down after a few minutes) every other program i try gives no sound. my tv has no signal at all when i plug it in

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oddly enough this is my tv and classic consoles like my genesis do work on it. it upconverts to 480. I do find that cheap cables can mess with anything plugged into the composite/component side. make sure the yellow of your cable is going into the green spot on the tv. next press picture a couple of times to force the tv to re-identify the signal it is getting. press menu, go to picture than down to advanced video. ensure the aspect ratio is normal, overscan is on and fiddle with noise reduction. if this doesn't help then I'm confused. what did the system info say your tv firmware was? mine is v2.11.

as for that vgbox for this tv... the specs line up perfectly for your needs as the tv supports it's signal range if my suggestions don't help. get the audio adaptor I suggested as well (they can also be found on amazon) so you can get sound since this tv will not allow multiple inputs at once. I highly recommend it or a sound system for all your systems actually as even a 20 dollar pc speaker set up will outperform the tvs speakers. optimally try to get an s-video cable for the snes to improve the clarity of your image going into the tv as hdtv's don't do scanlines natively as this will help clean pixel bleeding.

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the info on how to update, but i could not find a firmware for my tv online. It said i just put the firmware on a flashdrive put the flashdrive in the service port and turn on the tv
but i cannot find any firmware updates. I will try emailing Dynex

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I called Dynex and they said there are no firmware update options and that the TV is not compatable with a Super Nintendo but if i bought a VGA upscaler it should work fine. Guess i have to buy one now
:glare:

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered this (and only this) from amazon just now. can somebody tell me what else i would need for this to work (mostly sound) since i am aware vga is video only, and how i can have the sound play while using the VGA connection

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well that sucks. this kinda problem will only get worse with time though. I'm also surprised my tv works but yours wont for that despite being the same model. unless the firmware represents new or better components in the machine.

Either way future proofing now seems like a good option and I wish you good luck with the upscaler.

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just ordered this (and only this) from amazon just now. can somebody tell me what else i would need for this to work (mostly sound) since i am aware vga is video only, and how i can have the sound play while using the VGA connection
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Plated-Stereo-Splitter-Adaptor/dp/B004C4SSFE/ref=pd_sim_e_1 plug the sound cables directly to this and either use pc speakers or headphones (you can pull the wire casing to seperate the yellow cable from the other 2 if need to) if you find one cheaper use it instead as the only thing to worry about is whether both ends are female. Heck if the speakers are usb powered then you can use the usb port on your tv marked (service port) to power the speakers.

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could i just get your sound adapter run the snes thru my computer then plug my computer into my tv via HDMI and then use my computer speakers for sound? that would be much cheaper!

Clairjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an easycap. so i use the composite cables on my computer and it has an hdmi out so i can run the snes thru my computer and use the capture program that came with the cable and plug the computer into my tv

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case yes.

I've never had good video quality (and by "never good" I mean it was beyond unacceptable) with my easyCAP. But yeah, you can get that audio adapter and use it. That ~.5 second delay I mentioned still applies, unless your computer is gonna handle it differently than mine (and I've seen it over a few different motherboards and audio chipsets).

Anyway, yeah, you'd run that adapter to your Line-In (or Mic, if you don't have Line-In), then in Windows sound options (right click the speaker in the system tray > Recording Options) right click Line-In > Properties > Listen > check "Listen to this device" and set Playback through this device to whatever sound adapter you want to use, then click apply and OK and OK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality