esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been mainly playing PSP games on mine, but I think I want to try out the emulators now. I'm particularly interested in SNES games... just wondering if I just use Popsloader or do I need some other kind of emulator? And sorry if this has been asked a million times, I didn't see it in the tutorials. I am currently running the latest firmware... which I think is 5.00 M33-4. And do regular SneS roms work or do I need to download a specific kind?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
I've been mainly playing PSP games on mine, but I think I want to try out the emulators now. I'm particularly interested in SNES games... just wondering if I just use Popsloader or do I need some other kind of emulator? And sorry if this has been asked a million times, I didn't see it in the tutorials. I am currently running the latest firmware... which I think is 5.00 M33-4. And do regular SneS roms work or do I need to download a specific kind?
All about psp emulators.
yaypsp.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
I've seen that site, but is it up to date??
If you've seen that site then why are you asking if you need an emulator?
blink.gif

Anyways, just read up on that site how to apply the emulator and roms, and then use google to look for the latest version.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Popsloader is just a loader for different versions of the pops emulator...nothing to do with SNES gaming at all.

What you want is this...currently probably the best SNES emu, and combined with a good Speed Hacks dat file it'll fulfil most of your needs.

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, that was easier than I expected. Got it running now... is there a huge cheat database already built in or do I need to download some file/add codes? Adding codes seems tedious though.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
esoterica said:
Oh ok, that was easier than I expected. Got it running now... is there a huge cheat database already built in or do I need to download some file/add codes? Adding codes seems tedious though.
You need to download the cheats. I don't want to preach to the choir, but cheating ruins games. I would assume retrieving the cheats is very tedious though...

esoterica

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I know, I want to use them because I just want to replay some of my older favorites on SNES, which mostly consists of RPGs... just to relive the storyline and characters. I definitely don't feel like grinding through tons of random encounters though.

EDIT: The games seem to be a bit laggy. Is there a way to fix this? I think I'm already at the max speed?

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah SNES emulation is not perfect many SNES games don't run well. It is a heck of a lot better then DS SNES emulation.

If you want hassle free emulation gaming try

GBA, GBC, GB, GG, GEN, NES, or PS1

All those run much better then the SNES games though a lot of SNES games will run fine. Basically the emulator has a much easier time with the less graphic intensive SNES games.

Starfox for instance runs so slow its unplayable. Super Mario World runs 100% fine and it works as good as it did on a real SNES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol