SNES for AK2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tehxeno, Apr 1, 2010.

1. tehxeno
    OP

tehxeno Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    So I got my AK2i last week and have been trying to find a working SNES emulator.
    I've been using SNEmulDS but the audio messes up whenever I save/load a state.

Also, if I tried to load a state more than once, it freezes
    (Example)
    1. Load game
    2. Load state
    3. Die in game...
    4. Load state
    5. Frozen

Are there other emulators or am I doing something wrong?

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    SNEmulDS is somewhat buggy, so what you're experiencing is probably a bug and not user error.

That said, there are other SNES Emulators..... but I'm pretty sure SNEmulDS is the best.

3. 5%

5% GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2008
    oops

4. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    SNEmulDS is currently the best SNES emulator out there, but the savestates are a bit iffy. For example, I was playing Mega Man X. My savestates would freeze at the transition to the next screen (as in, if I saved on the level select screen, it'd freeze instead of going to a level). I managed to get the savestate working properly by loading it during a transition (as in, while the "copyright Capcom" text is fading).
    I think it depends on the game. I have no problems with Super Mario World.

5. Leonidas

Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    I recommend you to avoid save states altogether in Snemul DS, because it's known to mess up msd cards. I've been using that emulator for a while on my R4, but one day when I saved in Super Metroid, it messed up my msd card completely.The emulator just froze, and the kernel wouldn't load. When I checked the card in my PC, everything was wiped out and there was only a single 4GB file (on a 1GB card!). I had to reformat, but then I never used SnemulDS again. Just so you know. If you HAVE to use the emulator, don't use save states.

6. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    Odd, I've never had 1 problem wit the Save States.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice