Homebrew SNES Emulator problem.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright whenver I download SNES9X emulators on the Homebrew Browser it sticks it inside the apps folder of the SD card but NOT the root. I cannot put in ROMS because of this. Does anyone have a revision or provision that WILL allow me to download it and have it stuck on the root of my SD card so I can put ROMS in there? Also does Comrade 64 download work for you? It does not for me and I really want to get that emulator to work because one of the ROMS is Frogger!

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All Wii homebrew applications go in the Apps folder. The Homebrew Channel scans the Apps directory to generate the list of Applications, it will not see any applications on the root of the SD card.

I don't see why this would prevent you adding roms though.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks did that and it seems to work for now. However I am experiencing MAJOR Comdore 64 problems. I downloaded it and placed it in both the apps and the root, I placed the game Frogger into the apps, placed the disk inside my Wii, ran it and it will not play. What do I do? I started and insterted it. It says it is "ready" but I do not know what they mean by that when it does not start to play. I use the Wii Mote for this too.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I already wondered that there was no smashdude topic for such a long time.
You don't put ROMs into the Apps folder. Read the Wiibrew page/README (README means "read me", these are documents you should read before using anything) and you'll know where to put the ROMs.

Hint: I put a link into my post to the Wiibrew page...
Doesn't this belong into the Emualtion section or better merged with the "Noob questions" thread?
Please, smashdude, if you have new questions. Just ask them in the "Noob questions" tread in the Hacking section.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I have put them in the "images" section as well as putting the disk into the Wii BUT it STILL is not loading. Why is it? I have it put in the right section and all but when I click "insert" and "start" and load up the game it still will not read it. It says it is ready but why is it not reading it so it can start up the game? I have been trying for hours on this. All I need is this help.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can't load Frogger for SNES, or C64...?
In C64 (Commodore 64) you don't need "physical" disc to insert into your Wii, in C64 it's called ''disk'' just like it could be called ''tape'', ''rom'', ''iso'' or whatever.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Frodo

Usage
Put .t64, .d64, prg or p00 files in /frodo/images on your SD card. The in-game menu allows you to insert disks/tapes, load them and configure the display, joystick ports etc. Saves will be stored on the SD card and the preferences are stored persistently. Wiimote 1 is by default the joystick in port 1 and wiimote 2 the joystick in port 2, but you can swap this.

I'm not familiarized with C64 extensions, but put the ''games'' (.t64, .d64, prg or p00) into the images folder, not sure how run C64, I never tested one.

Or more simple run Frogger from the SNES XD

EDIT: And this topic should be on emulators, because, well you know.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am asking this question. How do I get PC games such as Frogger to read on my Wii. I have put them in BOTH the SNES AND FRODO emulators and none will read them. What am I doing wrong?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
are you using the correct ROMS's with the correct emulators, please dont tell me your trying to play a PC version(.exe) of Frogger on your Wii

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pexpi here are the ROM versions of Frogger on my COMMODRE 64. They are listed under "images":

Frogger.prg
FROGGER.TAP

Is this where they belong or could I put them in my SNES emulator? HOW do I get these games to run and be played? I have Commodre 64 and SNES emulators.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha here he goes with "Pexpi" again. I am sure the answer is in the Readme. Smashdude, is there a readme in the zip/rar file you got from the download of these apps?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a readme file inside my SNES9GX app but NOT Commodre 64. Once again those were what I found inside my apps folders. So what do I do now? CAN the SNES generator read Commodre 64 games? That is where Frogger belongs (in the Commodre 64). I REALLY want to play Frogger badly. So what should I do now to mitigate this?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL @PEPXI

That is a "new" user in the forum
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum