samthebreadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on an app for Nintendo Switch that is like the SNES Classic menu, but with an emulator built right in.

I’ve been testing it on my beta discord server with people and they seem to like it so far. Here is one user who has tested it:

Try it out if you like! Via my Discord:

SNES Classics Beta 5a has been released!
How to install:
- Copy the contents of the sdmc folder to your microsd card and launch via the homebrew menu
- Add roms by either replacing the stub smc files in the rom folder or add your own by modifiyng the database.json file as necessary

What's new:
- Fixed a major issue where the program crashes when returning back to the home menu. There was something I failed to account for in my code running on my machine versus what was sent out.
- Nothng else. I'm in the process of doing a major refactor right now so I can open source this software.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tEr1BzK-1vo1w_z7Ha59EPZUoKKULMEW

Will update the thread as progress continues.

Last edited by samthebreadman,

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone! :-) I've been messing around with lovepotion lately, and have made a bit of progress into having the SNES Classic interface be on Nintendo Switch.

Lots to go still, and the real bottleneck here is no hardware acceleration. But, once all that is solved, we should be good to go as far as having an application that can launch games you put on your SD card.

Looks fantastic!
I personally would have preferred the PAL-region SNES mini, but this looks near-identical to the NTSC interface!
Imagine being able to use this to launch and play SNES roms...
(Also, I hope the audio file is the lossless .wav from the device, not some compressed rubbish...)

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! :-) I've been messing around with lovepotion lately, and have made a bit of progress into having the SNES Classic interface be on Nintendo Switch.

Lots to go still, and the real bottleneck here is no hardware acceleration. But, once all that is solved, we should be good to go as far as having an application that can launch games you put on your SD card.

Wow I can't imagine. This is really amazing.
I'm looking forward to test it on my own.
Anyway about getting hardware acceleration just ask people here who familiar with these things. I'm pretty sure everyone will gonna help you.

Also I'm wondering can we get NES classic as well?
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

OHH now that is awesome. I always wanted a Snes Mini :P This is going on my Switch FOR SURE!!
Great work :)
But like @SimonMKWii I'd love to have a PAL skin version :)

Last edited by ploggy,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I do think this looks a bit fishy. Like, it's 1:1 to the original mini console, it seems. I'd love to see more proof this isn't just a video on the Switch or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?