SNEmulDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RodPN, Aug 11, 2009.

1. RodPN
    OP

RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2009
    Mexico
    Im not sure if this is the right place but Im having a bit of a problem playing Super mario World on it. The wiki says it works but I can't see the in-game pause menu or the "xlives" icon on the map. can this be fixed?

2. injected11

injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    Tinker with the layer settings.

3. RodPN
    OP

RodPN GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2009
    Mexico
    I did, unfortunatly no luck yet [​IMG]

4. shinnyuuya

shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    Indonesia
    Town of Rainstorm
    each layer has it's own priority. try order them as you need

5. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Those are the least of SMW's problems in SNEmulDS. When you get to the boss levels you can only see the sprites. I attempted to tinker with the layer settings but couldn't find anything that worked...

6. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Change the "speed" setting once, then flip it back. Sounds stupid I know, but it works. ("vblank" setting on v0.5 and older)

To the original poster, I'm not sure what you mean by in-game pause menu, as I don't remember the game ever having one (unless it was added for Super Mario All Stars or something). The little icon of Mario next to your life count is invisible, yes, but at least you can still see the number of lives you have, right?

7. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland

How odd that it works. Also just realised I didn't have the latest version d'oh. There's not really much difference in the emulation though.

Just out of curiosity, does the DS have the power to emulate the FX chip in Starfox and Mario Kart? I know there are no emulators for DS that can emulate it yet but is it possible?