Hacking SNemulDS on CycloDS?

biffbampow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does SNemulDS work on CycloDS? I'm a bit unclear on this, as I know the Evo auto-patches, but there are a bunch of comments on SNemulDS' site asking "HOW I MAKE SNEMUL WORK ON MY CYCLODS".

SNES emulation is one of the major reasons I want a Flashcart-- it's just not the same playing them with a keyboard, and whether or not a cart can do that is a deciding factor for me. Everything I've heard about the new batch of CycloDS has been fantastic, but if it doesn't do SNemul, then I might have to pass it by. Thanks in advance.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works fine.

The people having problems probably just don't have things set up correctly on their cards. SNEmulDS doesn't have directory browsing, ROMs have to go in a specific folder designated in a CFG file which in turn has to be in the root of the card. As long as those things are in place, then the emu works without a hitch on the Evo.

...word is bondage...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you must realize too, this homebrew IS NOT a 100% done. It cannot emulate every game, and I don't think it does any 100%.
That is true. Snesmulds is the best SNES emulator for the DS but it in no way can emulate any games perfectly. It is still a work in progress and every game you load will probably have some kind of bug. If you want snes emulation go buy a PSP. Flawless snes emulation, even better than some of the PC emulators. By no means is snesmulds a reliable way to get the best out of old snes titles.

PS: This shouldn't really be in the cyclo section as all flashcarts can play it and when you said if the cyclo can't run snesmulds then you will pass, it works on every cart with DLDI which is like all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Psi has been banned in the state of California. +1