SNemulDS on CycloDS?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by biffbampow, Jan 12, 2008.

Jan 12, 2008

SNemulDS on CycloDS? by biffbampow at 7:36 PM (5,139 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. biffbampow
    OP

Newcomer biffbampow Newbie

United States
    Does SNemulDS work on CycloDS? I'm a bit unclear on this, as I know the Evo auto-patches, but there are a bunch of comments on SNemulDS' site asking "HOW I MAKE SNEMUL WORK ON MY CYCLODS".

SNES emulation is one of the major reasons I want a Flashcart-- it's just not the same playing them with a keyboard, and whether or not a cart can do that is a deciding factor for me. Everything I've heard about the new batch of CycloDS has been fantastic, but if it doesn't do SNemul, then I might have to pass it by. Thanks in advance.

2. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It works fine.

The people having problems probably just don't have things set up correctly on their cards. SNEmulDS doesn't have directory browsing, ROMs have to go in a specific folder designated in a CFG file which in turn has to be in the root of the card. As long as those things are in place, then the emu works without a hitch on the Evo.

...word is bondage...

3. biffbampow
    OP

Newcomer biffbampow Newbie

United States
    Wow...that's...complicated. Well, I guess I'll face that hurdle when I come to it. Thanks for the help.

4. villa_bryan

Newcomer villa_bryan Advanced Member

United States
    you must realize too, this homebrew IS NOT a 100% done. It cannot emulate every game, and I don't think it does any 100%.

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    That is true. Snesmulds is the best SNES emulator for the DS but it in no way can emulate any games perfectly. It is still a work in progress and every game you load will probably have some kind of bug. If you want snes emulation go buy a PSP. Flawless snes emulation, even better than some of the PC emulators. By no means is snesmulds a reliable way to get the best out of old snes titles.

PS: This shouldn't really be in the cyclo section as all flashcarts can play it and when you said if the cyclo can't run snesmulds then you will pass, it works on every cart with DLDI which is like all of them.

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Having to have to ROMs in a folder named SNES and a CFG file in the root of the card is complicated?

...word is bondage...