Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SnemulDS skinny on how To use:

Load Rom: Pick game from target folder
Save State: Save game at the point your at
Load State : Load game from last saved point
SPC Jukebox: Play spc file (SNES sound files found free and distrubted on the interned) Use Moonshell 2 instead

Options menu:
  • Normal Speed - Regular speed trying to get 100%
  • Fast Speed - Faster PPU may be needed run speed of games faster
--Hacks:
  • Normal - No speed hacks
(Note always when trying to get a game running best use this with Normal or Fast before loading the game as it will emulate properly without cutting out some things sometimes needed for speed)
  • Cycles - Cut out unneeded Cycles (Best to use as it usually only affects unneeded cycles)
  • Interupt - Same but uneeded Interupts (Can cause glitches)
  • Full - Both at the same time (Same)
--Screen Layout:
  • Pretty straight forward, HUD: Squish status bar ect. , Yscroll: Where to place screen as it only has 192 pixels and games are 224, Scaling: Good to use on side scrollers as screen fits horizontally options: Medium (208 pixels squished with full sprites) Full (All 224 Pixels squished)
--Backgrounds and Sprites:
  • Good to leave on automatic though you could cycle through options of numbers (rarely improves games) or presets (sometime there is a better one than auto picked)
Advanced Menu:

--Reset: (restart game not same as loading from start if you want to load without hacks)

--GFX Config: (If you change things hit the Fix graphics button or enter new area)
  • Priority per tile: (set to make a background layer (there are 4) a higher priority, might be good to change to fix gfx mess either default None or to priority BG1 or BG2)
  • Block Priority: (Either on or off) Sometimes works better On sometimes fixes gfx mess set to Off
  • Blank Tile: (You could play around with this i dont usually sometimes set to higher numbers helps)
Under Automatic Ordering:(Leave on Usually picks best fit)
  • BG0
  • BG1
  • BG2
  • BG0(Low) - Again all these numbered options places priority, if you cant get a game working without gfx mess you could play around with these)
  • Sprites 0
  • Sprites 1
  • Sprites 2
  • Sprites 3 - Same thing places sprites (hero whatever) in different priorites you could play around with this if you want
Note: Seems that most games suffer the problem of the sprites always having priority and standing above some BG layers sometimes. (If you find fix post)

That should be all you need to know to get games running

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn