Hacking SNEEK v2

vigilantez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tylerzentz said:
I'm having issues getting SNEEK to work on one of my Wiis. It loads up just fine on one Wii, but when I take the SD card out and put it in the other, I load bootmii IOS from HBC and the screen goes black as if there is no video input but the Wii remains powered on and nothing happens if I let it go. Suggestions?
dont take sd out

reason is sneek is running everything off te sd card if you take it out and try to run something else its like taking out the hard drive out of a pc running windows and try to run a game on it cant even imagen how thhat will turn out u_u

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
vigilantez said:
tylerzentz said:
I'm having issues getting SNEEK to work on one of my Wiis. It loads up just fine on one Wii, but when I take the SD card out and put it in the other, I load bootmii IOS from HBC and the screen goes black as if there is no video input but the Wii remains powered on and nothing happens if I let it go. Suggestions?
dont take sd out

reason is sneek is running everything off te sd card if you take it out and try to run something else its like taking out the hard drive out of a pc running windows and try to run a game on it cant even imagen how thhat will turn out u_u

I think he meant that he boots SNEEK properly on one Wii, then shuts it down, takes the SD off of the Wii, tries it in another Wii and it doesn't boot... Am I correct?
Anyway try taking the SD out it will say System Menu is corrupted, it won't give a Black Screen!

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerzentz said:

Have you tried using settings.txt and/or SYSCONF from the second Wii?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
Here's a theory on how this might be happening:

On real NAND the HBC checks the SHA-1 of the 01.app in the TMD. If it finds the correct SHA-1 for the 418KB .app file it loads right-side up. If not, it attempts to load upside down using the 448KB .app file.
This is purely speculation.

I did some testing on my real NAND and this appears to be false.

diego71102244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:

just wondering, do you have a lu39xxxx wii? because i have the exact same problem as you, and i have not been able to find a solution yet, it might be something on the new wiis preventing sneek to run properly.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
No, at least I don't think I have. I don't quite know what you're talking about.

QUOTE said:
just wondering, do you have a lu39xxxx wii? because i have the exact same problem as you, and i have not been able to find a solution yet, it might be something on the new wiis preventing sneek to run properly.
SNEEK works on my LU50 but the one that is giving me trouble is an LU70.

I think he meant that he boots SNEEK properly on one Wii, then shuts it down, takes the SD off of the Wii, tries it in another Wii and it doesn't boot... Am I correct?
Anyway try taking the SD out it will say System Menu is corrupted, it won't give a Black Screen!
Yes, that is correct. But why would I want to corrupt my System Menu by removing the SD card while the power is on?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerzentz said:
QUOTE said:
No, at least I don't think I have. I don't quite know what you're talking about.

Copy the settings.txt file from a NAND dump of the second (non-working) Wii to the NAND that you are using in SNEEK.

File is located here:
\title\ 00000001\ 00000002\data

Copy the SYSCONF file from a NAND dump of the second (non-working) Wii to the NAND that you are using in SNEEK.

File is located here:
\shared2\sys

It sounds like you may be having problems with region or video settings.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTE said:
SNEEK works on my LU50 but the one that is giving me trouble is an LU70.

Yes, that is correct. But why would I want to corrupt my System Menu by removing the SD card while the power is on?
is doesn't corrupt yor SM m8.......that what it says if you take the sd card out while running sneek.....your wii is totally safe....do u have preloader in stalled
i gather u have checked the FAQ's
http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are a few more details:
-The NAND dump is from the Wii that doesn't boot SNEEK. (Would this mean I don't need to mess with settings.txt and/or SYSCONF?)
-After I dumped the NAND I installed priiloader on the problem-wii. The SNEEK-successful wii also has priiloader installed.
-The problem-wii has bootmii as IOS. SNEEK-successful wii has bootmii as boot2.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerzentz said:
-The NAND dump is from the Wii that doesn't boot SNEEK. (Would this mean I don't need to mess with settings.txt and/or SYSCONF?)

Yes it should eliminate settings.txt and SYSCONF as an issue, unless you are using SNEEK compiled with SD access enabled and the working Wii somehow managed to modify the settings in those files on the SNEEK NAND.

Strike that, SNEEK is capable of writing to the SNEEK NAND even without compiling the SD enabled version.

I would try a new dump and different SD cards.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
Here are a few more details:
-After I dumped the NAND I installed priiloader on the problem-wii. The SNEEK-successful wii also has priiloader installed.
-The problem-wii has bootmii as IOS. SNEEK-successful wii has bootmii as boot2.
not sure if it related to black screen but whats ur bootmii ini settings mine r
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0
VIDEO=PAL60
change ur video

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Ok. I'll dump from the working wii and post back with the results.

EDIT: QUOTEnot sure if it related to black screen but whats ur bootmii ini settings mine r
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0
VIDEO=PAL60
change ur video
i dont think i need to change my VIDEO setting as it is set to NTSC and both wiis are NTCS

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
QUOTE said:

Ok. I'll dump from the working wii and post back with the results.

EDIT: QUOTEnot sure if it related to black screen but whats ur bootmii ini settings mine r
AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0
VIDEO=PAL60
i dont think i need to change my VIDEO setting as it is set to NTSC and both wiis are NTCS
yeah i know m8 they were mine ...is your boot delay set to zero

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fogbank said:
Strike that, SNEEK is capable of writing to the SNEEK NAND even without compiling the SD enabled version.
where did you think sneek saved settings and save games?? on the sneek nand on the sd card

sd enabled version is supposed to give access to the sd card for homebrew channel but doesn't work have tried enabled version and wouldn't boot or wouldn't read the sd card

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
where did you think sneek saved settings and save games?? on the sneek nand on the sd card

Yes I know, that's why I retracted my statement

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Feb 23 2010, 05:17 PM) sd enabled version is supposed to give access to the sd card for homebrew channel but doesn't work have tried enabled version and wouldn't boot or wouldn't read the sd card

The SD enabled version can read the SD card. It displays the apps on my SD card when I start the HBC. You may need to try a different SD card.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
longtom1 said:
fogbank said:

sd enabled version is supposed to give access to the sd card for homebrew channel but doesn't work have tried enabled version and wouldn't boot or wouldn't read the sd card

Works fine with sd enabled, must be card

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to download Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 songs from the music store with Sneek? With Rock Band 2 I can download the list, but not a song. I get 204704 error code. With Guitar Hero 5, I can't download the list saying that there is a problem with my connection and sometimes it asks me to change my name. I'm pretty sure I don't have any connection issue.

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kovani said:
Is it possible to download Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 songs from the music store with Sneek? With Rock Band 2 I can download the list, but not a song. I get 204704 error code. With Guitar Hero 5, I can't download the list saying that there is a problem with my connection and sometimes it asks me to change my name. I'm pretty sure I don't have any connection issue.
Try using your device cert as file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1