Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
So does this require bootmii as boot2? I haven't seen any clarification on that yet.

bootmii as boot2 is the easiest option but not required.
bootmii as IOS works aswell but to start SNEEK you have to load IOS254(not sure about the number).

The way it's started doesn't matter

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
this works with bootmii as IOS and boot2.

and to tueidj, you can download any channel from NUS if you have the key.
That's different. The key lets you get at the content, downloading from the shop channel is using someone else's account.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any possibility that SNEEK can be skinned ?
Are the Beta Testers allowed to post the images that some of us can start theming?

Would be awesome.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, i thought a lil' bit of freedom resist inside SNEEK. And if you watch the videos on youtube it looks like it has some skin...

//EDIT:
a preview video of SNEEK would be highly appreciated.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want freedom
biggrin.gif
with sneek
smileipb2.png

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
And if you watch the videos on youtube it looks like it has some skin...
What videos? :o To my knowledge there was only one running a DevMenu (or whatever it's name is).

QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Jan 26 2010, 07:06 AM) //EDIT:
a preview video of SNEEK would be highly appreciated.
If no one is faster I'll do one this evening; hopefully.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skinned? well you can have a different .app file on the sneek nand than your regular nand. so you can have a regular system menu and run a nand with a halloween theme if thats what you mean.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe I mix something up... I thought "freedom" was the beginning of what today is called "SNEEK", correct me if I'm wrong...

and concerning freedom I found those videos.

and and also

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
maybe I mix something up... I thought "freedom" was the beginning of what today is called "SNEEK", correct me if I'm wrong...

and concerning freedom I found those videos.

Freedom is/was(?) another project.
SNEEK has no visual UI; but it would be cool if it had... something like the CFW menus on PSP. *dream*

Gokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
Gokiller said:
Hmm this looks like a very interesting app. Basicly this allows you to experiment with your wii all you want and if something goes wrong, you just throw away the nand dump right? So this really only depends on the boot1 that is present on the wii being used right? I don't think it's even possible to damage this file, but as long as your wii still has a boot1 and a bootmii boot2 on it this app can run right? Even if the rest of the nand is completely blank or corrupted? Anyways thank you all the people working on this for taking the time to make these great apps! I'm really looking forward to this.

yes you just need boot0/1/2 working for SNEEK to run, crediar acutally just made SNEEK for a Wii he has which has a broken NAND and nothing more then boot2 works.

So when i use the update function while using sneek, will this update my boot2 version in the wii nand or the nand on my SD? (Considering that the nand dump and the nand present on the wii are both on 4.1(e if that matters))

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gokiller said:
SanGor said:
Gokiller said:
Hmm this looks like a very interesting app. Basicly this allows you to experiment with your wii all you want and if something goes wrong, you just throw away the nand dump right? So this really only depends on the boot1 that is present on the wii being used right? I don't think it's even possible to damage this file, but as long as your wii still has a boot1 and a bootmii boot2 on it this app can run right? Even if the rest of the nand is completely blank or corrupted? Anyways thank you all the people working on this for taking the time to make these great apps! I'm really looking forward to this.

yes you just need boot0/1/2 working for SNEEK to run, crediar acutally just made SNEEK for a Wii he has which has a broken NAND and nothing more then boot2 works.

So when i use the update function while using sneek, will this update my boot2 version in the wii nand or the nand on my SD? (Considering that the nand dump and the nand present on the wii are both on 4.1(e if that matters))

If u r using SNEEK then it will update ur emulated nand, not ur actual nand. As the whole point of SNEEK is that ur REAL nand doesnt get touched at all.

Gokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
Gokiller said:
SanGor said:
Gokiller said:

If u r using SNEEK then it will update ur emulated nand, not ur actual nand. As the whole point of SNEEK is that ur REAL nand doesnt get touched at all.

Yeah, but considering that you still need boot0/1/2 in the wii nand to boot SNEEK, I wasn't sure wether these were being emulated later in the process, but thanks for answering my question;)

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nikeymikey said:
Gokiller said:
SanGor said:

Up to now it won't update anything in boot2. It reports boot2-v5 installed which is higher than the acutal v4 -> no update. Else it would only update the file sd:/boot2.bin

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think Crediar would do it,but wouldn't it be possible to emulate the disc drive of the Wii?
I mean you put an ISO in a folder and the Wii would recognize it like if a Wii would be in drive.
sorry if it had been asked before.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ultralex said:
I don't think Crediar would do it,but wouldn't it be possible to emulate the disc drive of the Wii?
I mean you put an ISO in a folder and the Wii would recognize it like if a Wii would be in drive.
sorry if it had been asked before.

This is what WODE does. But I dont think its possible with a softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==