-disc images are now opened with read access instead of read/write access
-added a hash check feature see usage info
-added a feature which shows the time it took for extracting and the MB/s rate

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody see this over at eurasia.nu.... might be the way around originals in DIOS MIOS????

taken from eurasia.nu on the front page...

tmbinc's scope pr0n...

gamecube modrobert writes: "What first looked like a general lesson in electronics by tmbinc turned out to be GameCube disc related, I should have known.
wink.gif
The screen dump from his oscilloscope shows the 'laser mark' from a Datel disc (ultimate cheatcodes), which interestingly enough isn't actually a real laser mark but simply embedded in the datastream according to tmbinc. This is the trick used by Datel to boot their discs (eg. Action Replay) in unmodified GameCube's, now explained in detail. At this point I'm not sure if this leads closer to create bootable discs (as if original) on your own, but he has my full attention from now on. :wtf: Deja vu Dreamcast! Quote tmbinc: 'Every now and then, I come across something on my scope that's just beautiful.'

any thoughts????

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
might be the way around originals in DIOS MIOS????
any thoughts????
I think ppl should wait for DIOS MIO(S) to come out... before we start making theory as to how to bypass the protection

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Anybody see this over at eurasia.nu.... might be the way around originals in DIOS MIOS????

tmbinc's scope pr0n...

gamecube modrobert writes: "What first looked like a general lesson in electronics by tmbinc turned out to be GameCube disc related, I should have known.
wink.gif
The screen dump from his oscilloscope shows the 'laser mark' from a Datel disc (ultimate cheatcodes), which interestingly enough isn't actually a real laser mark but simply embedded in the datastream according to tmbinc. This is the trick used by Datel to boot their discs (eg. Action Replay) in unmodified GameCube's, now explained in detail. At this point I'm not sure if this leads closer to create bootable discs (as if original) on your own, but he has my full attention from now on. :wtf: Deja vu Dreamcast! Quote tmbinc: 'Every now and then, I come across something on my scope that's just beautiful.'

any thoughts????
Thanks for the info, but why exactly would you post that here ??? SNEEK does not boot or have anything to do with booting GC backups and this is not the DIOS MIOS topic. Also, DIOS MIOS has nothing to do with SNEEK.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
Also, DIOS MIOS has nothing to do with SNEEK.
...DIOS MIO(S) only runs under SNEEK, so in a way it does have something to do with it.
But agreed. This should have been posted in the DIOS MIO(S) thread and not under the SNEEK thread.

from http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396
"Is it sneek-only? If so does that mean decrypted game-dumps in folders is a must?
For now it’s SNEEK only and probably always will be since the game selection from the SNEEK menu is also used for GC games, for now DIOS MIOS is using complete GC dumps and not extracted ones"

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
ChokeD said:
Also, DIOS MIOS has nothing to do with SNEEK.
...DIOS MIO(S) only runs under SNEEK, so in a way it does have something to do with it.
But agreed. This should have been posted in the DIOS MIO(S) thread and not under the SNEEK thread.

from http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396
"Is it sneek-only? If so does that mean decrypted game-dumps in folders is a must?
For now it’s SNEEK only and probably always will be since the game selection from the SNEEK menu is also used for GC games, for now DIOS MIOS is using complete GC dumps and not extracted ones"
That's a new one on me, I thought I had read that it had nothing to do with it in the dios mios thread and that it was a stand alone app. I'm not interested in it at all that's probably why I missed that. I was wrong, I apologize for that. Thanks for the info.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NP man
smile.gif

The next question is that if DIOS MIO(S) supports full GC Dumps and not extracted ones... why couldn't the same be done for Wii Games within SNEEK itself?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
NP man
smile.gif

The next question is that if DIOS MIO(S) supports full GC Dumps and not extracted ones... why couldn't the same be done for Wii Games within SNEEK itself?
MAN, that is the question of the day. I have wondered that almost every day I work on sneek.
smile.gif

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SNEEK used full dumps before but due the 4GB fat32 issue crediar dropped it and went with extracted files which solved the 4GB issue plus gave the user an easy way to mess with the files.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
gisel213 said:

tmbinc's scope pr0n...

wink.gif

any thoughts????
Thanks for the info, but why exactly would you post that here ??? SNEEK does not boot or have anything to do with booting GC backups and this is not the DIOS MIOS topic. Also, DIOS MIOS has nothing to do with SNEEK.

Your right should have posted in DIOS MIOS thread i just got excited when i saw it on that other site....
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
ChokeD said:
gisel213 said:

tmbinc's scope pr0n...

wink.gif

any thoughts????
Your right should have posted in DIOS MIOS thread i just got excited when i saw it on that other site....
smile.gif
No problem bro, Nice info anyway.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
SNEEK used full dumps before but due the 4GB fat32 issue crediar dropped it and went with extracted files which solved the 4GB issue plus gave the user an easy way to mess with the files.
And I'm sure going to a different format other than fat would have cause a lot more work in other place as well, eh ???

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
gisel213 said:
ChokeD said:
gisel213 said:

tmbinc's scope pr0n...

wink.gif

any thoughts????
smile.gif
No problem bro, Nice info anyway.

On the other hand that would pwn ninty's d3-2 drives and so forth on the gamecube side without needing a cmios... hell i'd buy a couple more cubes just for fun anyway i'm lovin SNEEK+DI on that 4.3 menu it's frickin amazing 2 wiis in one
yaywii.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to ChokeD, I have successfully set up and tested UNEEK+DI on one of my Wii's.

I can now rule out compiling and media issues for now. The problem was my file structure, apparently I needed the whole nand extract for that particular scenario. (missing the sys and ticket folders)

Unfortunately I am not able to replicate the results on my other Wii with the same procedure. I decided to switch to building a virgin NAND after several attempts with my dump.

At this point I can get the Disc SLot to do the 1 initial flash when launching bootmii from HBC for sneek mode only.

The missing folders are created but they are empty. It just won't build...

iplsave.bin and settings.txt along with sys folder contents have all been placed in proper locations.

Anybody run into the same issue or have a suggestion for solution?

Thanks,

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
Actually SNEEK used decrypted partitions. Crediar didn't have SNEEK use encrypted ISOs because he didn't want to add the code required to decrypt it to SNEEK. GC ISOs are unencrypted.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to try sneek menu mod in revision 80.
Because my sneek nand is 4.2J, I think I should edit es/main.c to open di menu.
In es/main.c, case 482(4.2E) and case481(4.2U) are listed, but case 480(4.2J) not.

Can anyone tell me how to edit es/main.c?
Thanks in advance!

MrBill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone use SNEEK with a USB Wii LAN Adapter? I run everything hardwired. I'm running UNEEK+DI r116 and everything works except for network access. Everything network related including System Network configuration, Channels that access the network (like the Internet Channel), and HomeBrew that access the network all fail.

The LAN adapter light never goes on and I see the following errors logged to the USB Gecko:

CODENET_DEV_UP Ioctl returns rc=-10
UE: Error: usbEthDevUp: device not inserted, can't bring up

I copied my shared2 directory from my real NAND to my SNEEK NAND and that didn't help.

The adapter works correctly with my real NAND.

Any ideas? I don't have WiFi readily available, so I don't know if that will work.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBill said:
Does anyone use SNEEK with a USB Wii LAN Adapter? I run everything hardwired. I'm running UNEEK+DI r116 and everything works except for network access. Everything network related including System Network configuration, Channels that access the network (like the Internet Channel), and HomeBrew that access the network all fail.

The LAN adapter light never goes on and I see the following errors logged to the USB Gecko:

CODENET_DEV_UP Ioctl returns rc=-10
UE: Error: usbEthDevUp: device not inserted, can't bring up

I copied my shared2 directory from my real NAND to my SNEEK NAND and that didn't help.

The adapter works correctly with my real NAND.

Any ideas? I don't have WiFi readily available, so I don't know if that will work.
Did you try booting, then plugging in the adapter, not sure if the adapter has been implemented or not with SNEEK.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The LAN adapter goes into the USB slot. Now if he's using UNEEK, doesn't that mean that the USB ports are not available?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: