Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@hetfield
I compiled SNEEK r102, acquiring the IOS70-v6687 0000000e.app and IOS60-v6174 00000001.app files using NUS Downloader.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
asian flavor said:
I have gotten the b4 installer to work with 0e.app from IOS 80 and 01.app from IOS 60. This is how I am running SNEEK+DI now on my US Wii. I download the b4 installer, all elf files & armboot.bin from the googlecode page. Placed the elfs, bin, and the apps into folder. Then with NUSD 1.5a beta, downloaded/decrypted IOS 80 v6943 and IOS 60 v6174. Grabbed the apps file from those two folders and ran the installer with SNEEK+DI selected.

I would like to be certain i use the elf files wright.

Place the elf files in the according sneek directories for compiling?
And what "apps file from those two folders" do you mean?

Does it still need the elf files if i compile with sneek r102 and ios70 files?
(probably yes)

tcdiem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry for the late reply, I hope it is still useful :
from the faq pointed :
QUOTE said:
If you still want to give it a try search for this string in the main.c of the ES module
*SDStatus = 0x00000002;
and change it to
*SDStatus = 0x00000001;

will read the latest posts here and make more tries at home
wink.gif

longtom1 said:
tcdiem said:
I believe you are talking about the item "SD cards do not work for Wii applications" at SNEEK FAQ : http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ
nope I'm talking about when you go to the Wii saves in data management and click on sd at the top it usually says there is no sd card inserted and the little sd card on the main system menu page is greyed out I have got it to see the sd card is inserted but something else need to be changed in ES.c I think

@tcdiem I use IOS70 0000000e.app and IOS60 00000001.app could never get IOS80 .app file to boot a nand had sneek_sd boot once on 4.3E but then wouldn't boot again have had more success with sneek_di and already have games on a dedicated sneek/uneek drive

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2U "real"
4.2U "EMU NAND"

r106 SNEEK+DI
0000000e.app:IOS70
00000001.app:IOS60
self compiled
works for me

I will soon be making a few adjustments to the guide to show changes to the new revs of SNEEK. It will probably be tonight or tomorrow.

If anyone has any new information they feel is needed, let me know.

tcdiem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChokeD,
at your guide, you mentioned to use devkitProUpdater-1.5.0 , but that is only available at windows plataforms. Which version of the devkitppc gets installed with it ? (so I can install myself @linux , if you want me to write what i did, let me know so you can add to your guide).

Cheers

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tcdiem said:
ChokeD,
at your guide, you mentioned to use devkitProUpdater-1.5.0 , but that is only available at windows plataforms. Which version of the devkitppc gets installed with it ? (so I can install myself @linux , if you want me to write what i did, let me know so you can add to your guide).

Cheers
Taken from the first post.
devkitPPC_R19_libogc-07-01-10.zip (extract these files into the \devkitPro\devkitPPC folder)

EDIT:

I have already made some changes to the guide so please have a look everyone at what has been changed

I wrote up a new DiscEx "HOW TO"
made changes to the how to access DI menu compensating for the new revs that handle the wiimote
Specifically just trying to make things a little more clearer or more understandable for people
added some details on the region.bin to clear up confusion
changed a few details about the SD enabling added some warning also
and a lot of other things also

If anyone has any new information they feel is needed or anything old needs to be changed, let me know.

Neutron2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!!
I have a problem with sneek+di.
In the point 4( how to create a virgin nand 4.2), u say: copy the four folders: title, ticket, sys, shared1 on the root.... Launch sneek....
Well, so in this moment i have to have this files in my sd:
boot2.bin
di.bin
bootmii/armboot.bin
shared1
sys
title
ticket
OK!! i launch sneek, i wait + 30 minutes, and... black screen.

So i decide to see the filestructures. u say:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\di.bint
sd:\boot2.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\font.bin
NAND
sd:\import
sd:\meta
sd:\shared1
sd:\shared2
sd:\temp
sd:\title

and the folder ticket?¿
and the import meta shared2 temp... how i get this files? i can get for a bootmii dump?

Ah!! another think
the files creted by the sneekinstaller: dimodule, esmodule......,000000e.app.... this files go to root of sd?¿

Thank you!

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetfield said:
asian flavor said:
I have gotten the b4 installer to work with 0e.app from IOS 80 and 01.app from IOS 60. This is how I am running SNEEK+DI now on my US Wii. I download the b4 installer, all elf files & armboot.bin from the googlecode page. Placed the elfs, bin, and the apps into folder. Then with NUSD 1.5a beta, downloaded/decrypted IOS 80 v6943 and IOS 60 v6174. Grabbed the apps file from those two folders and ran the installer with SNEEK+DI selected.

I would like to be certain i use the elf files wright.

Place the elf files in the according sneek directories for compiling?
And what "apps file from those two folders" do you mean?

Does it still need the elf files if i compile with sneek r102 and ios70 files?
(probably yes)

Sorry for the late reply...been working on my jtag 360 lately. When you download/decrypt IOS 80 and IOS 60, you will get the two folders that have the decrypted files. Look for the app files in there accordingly. Then create a folder and place all elfs, armboot.bin and the app files into the new folder. Run the b4 installer and point it to the folders with those files.

Hopefully this helps you. If not, I can package up the files up and pm you the link. I will try to get back to this post, but I may not have time this weekend.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neutron2000 said:
Hello!!
In the point 4( how to create a virgin nand 4.2), u say: copy the four folders: title, ticket, sys, shared1 on the root.... Launch sneek....
boot2.bin
di.bin
bootmii/armboot.bin
shared1
sys
title
ticket

NAND

and the folder ticket?¿
and the import meta shared2 temp... how i get this files? i can get for a bootmii dump?

Ah!! another think
the files creted by the sneekinstaller: dimodule, esmodule......,000000e.app.... this files go to root of sd?¿

Thank you!
the other folders import meta shared2 temp are produced by sneek after you boot your wii the first time. You will not have them to start with when creating the virgin nand.

files created by sneekinstaller: no, they do not go on your SD, they are just created while sneek is made and should be deleted after your done.

As for my opinion, forget the smallest nand possible, most people are unsuccessful attempting it and I think I may be taking it out of this guide as once you make it nothing is going to run on it anyway because there are no IOS installed for games or anything else. You are way better off building a NAND using NUSAD and in most ways except for the settings.txt it is a true virgin NAND, ready to play games with.

So go back to where you found the tut for building a nand and use NUSAD instead, there is a how to there to show you how to do it and it is very easy.

EDIT: I took the smallest nand possible tut out of the guide as it was not dependable and did not produce a working nand everytime. It also did not have any IOS in the nand when achieved so really whats the point.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@asian flavor:

No need to make a package, i know exactly what to do with your answer.
Thank you very much.

@Neutron200:
don't forget boot.ini and ppcboot.elf
wink.gif

It would be better to first try the normal sneek, because that works 100%.
Once you've got that running, you know you made no mistakes.
Than you can experiment with different ways to make sneek+di and see what works and what doesn't.

I know myself now that on my Wii, r106 does not work with all ios60,70,80, 00.app and 01.app combinations that you can use for sneek+di.

So next attempt wel be with r102.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetfield said:
@Neutron200:
don't forget boot.ini and ppcboot.elf
wink.gif

It would be better to first try the normal sneek, because that works 100%.
Once you've got that running, you know you made no mistakes.
Than you can experiment with different ways to make sneek+di and see what works and what doesn't.

I know myself now that on my Wii, r106 does not work with all ios60,70,80, 00.app and 01.app combinations that you can use for sneek+di.

So next attempt wel be with r102.

bootmii.ini and ppcboot.elf are not needed in the bootmii folder and perhaps would mess up sneek. I know they are not need for any sneek at all but not sure if they would actually mess it up.
Have you tried to compile 106 without using the Auto installers ??

attempting this may provide you with the best results

4.2U "real"
4.2U "EMU NAND"

r106 SNEEK+DI
self compiled
works for me

I know your probably EUR, but in theory, you know what I'm saying. Be sure to delete all old files everywhere, di_config.bin in the sneek folder and all the other .app files so you can't make a mistake, start from scratch. Follow the guide.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes i used both v3 an d4 autoinstallers, but if i do not have the boot.ini and ppcboot.elf, sneek will not boot.

I must admid i have bootmii only as ios.
I tested it quickly with r102.
Indeed, you do not need them if you start from HBC (bootmii.dol or home button)
But if you want to start sneek with bootmii IOS from Priiloader, you do need ppcboot.elf
I also found out something else funny (which is logical if you think about it).
If you use i.e. MMM and load ios254 (which is bootmii ios) sneek starts too.
tongue.gif

I tried to enable sd reading in sneek and gues what?
r106 did not work, but did not screw op FS either.

So i tried with r102 and it works :woot:
Apps work, but usb loader on sd and usb don't.
Oh, i have usb loader with ntfs, did not bother to convert games yet.

and i read about real nand for sneek+di, but my real nand is fw4.1 which i want to keep.
thats the whole reason i started with sneek, to experiment with softmodding on different fw, without changing my own.

maybe somebody can upload a real fw4.2 nand backup i can use?
I allready ran my sneek on a different wii, so no problems there.

i allready made different folders for sneekr102/106 and in there filders for sneek/uneek/sneek+di.
That way i'm sure i always use the correct ones.
but thanks for the advise.

I think i will leave the gameplay be and concentrate om sofmodding.
I'm working on a guide to install everything with wads, so you only have to select the folder with yawm and that's it.
Only thing is the stubs from fw4.2.
If i could make wads with higher version, they would simply overwrite stubs.
I'm still looking how to do that, any tips?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hetfield said:
Yes i used both v3 an d4 autoinstallers, but if i do not have the boot.ini and ppcboot.elf, sneek will not boot.

I must admid i have bootmii only as ios.

I tried to enable sd reading in sneek and gues what?
r106 did not work, but did not screw op FS either.

So i tried with r102 and it works :woot:
Apps work, but usb loader on sd doesn't, did not try usb yet. No USB loader will work, unless you compile 1 found in the first post towards the bottom of the guide.
Oh, i have usb loader with ntfs, did not bother to convert games yet. SNEEK+DI will not work unless you have at least 1 game converted and on the USB before you boot your Wii. The game has to be on a USB formatted to Fat32 with 32kb cluster size.

and i read about real nand for sneek+di, but my real nand is fw4.1 which i want to keep.
thats the whole reason i started with sneek, to experiment with softmodding on different fw, without changing my own.

maybe somebody can upload a real fw4.2 nand backup i can use? Use NUSAD to make a 4.2 NAND as suggested in the guide, it is TO easy now.
I allready ran my sneek on a different wii, so no problems there.

i allready made different folders for sneekr102/106 and in there filders for sneek/uneek/sneek+di.
That way i'm sure i always use the correct ones.
but thanks for the advise. Sounds like a lot of mistakes could be made if you ask me
laugh.gif

I think i will leave the gameplay be and concentrate om sofmodding.
I'm working on a guide to install everything with wads, so you only have to select the folder with yawm and that's it.
I'm still looking how to do that, any tips? Make a NAND with NUSAD in the first post. Done.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
Here is a noob question in what folder do you find the settings.txt for sneek? I have the dump for the nand but can't find the settings file.
Thank for the help
Rem

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
4.2U "real"
4.2U "EMU NAND"

r106 SNEEK+DI
self compiled
works for me

I will soon be making a few adjustments to the guide to show changes to the new revs of SNEEK. It will probably be tonight or tomorrow.

If anyone has any new information they feel is needed, let me know.

4.2J "real"
4.2J and 4.3J "EMU NAND"

r102 SNEEK+DI
self compiled:di\main.c "DICfg->Region = JAP"
es\SMenu.c
case 480:
{
??? //Disc Region free hack
??? *(u32*)0x0137D09C = 0x4800001C;
??? *(u32*)0x0137D8F0 = 0x60000000;

??? FBSize = 304*480*4;

??? return 1;
} break;
case 512:
{
? //Disc Region free hack
? *(u32*)0x0137CF50 = 0x48000001;
? *(u32*)0x0155B490 = 0x4E800020;
? *(u32*)0x01333A9c = 0x60000000;
?
? FBSize = 304*480*4;

? return 1;
} break;

works for me

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
hetfield said:
I'm still looking how to do that, any tips? Make a NAND with NUSAD in the first post. Done.

sorry, but i have those already
tongue.gif

i meant the stubs from the softmod IOS.
IOS202, 222,223,249, 250 and 254.

I would like to create higher versions of hermes v4 and ios249rev19 and ios202 than the stubs are.
wink.gif

ps: about all those folders i use.
i just used the installer once for sneek/uneek.
to switch between sneek or uneek now, you just copy to sd/usb

Neutron2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
Neutron2000 said:
Hello!!
boot2.bin
di.bin
bootmii/armboot.bin
shared1
sys
title
ticket

NAND

and the folder ticket?¿

Ah!! another think

Thank you!
the other folders import meta shared2 temp are produced by sneek after you boot your wii the first time. You will not have them to start with when creating the virgin nand.

files created by sneekinstaller: no, they do not go on your SD, they are just created while sneek is made and should be deleted after your done.

As for my opinion, forget the smallest nand possible, most people are unsuccessful attempting it and I think I may be taking it out of this guide as once you make it nothing is going to run on it anyway because there are no IOS installed for games or anything else. You are way better off building a NAND using NUSAD and in most ways except for the settings.txt it is a true virgin NAND, ready to play games with.

So go back to where you found the tut for building a nand and use NUSAD instead, there is a how to there to show you how to do it and it is very easy.

EDIT: I took the smallest nand possible tut out of the guide as it was not dependable and did not produce a working nand everytime. It also did not have any IOS in the nand when achieved so really whats the point.

I'm now using nusad and nusad cue, no the smallest nand posible. and as i said i have a blackscreen. is strange. i have the all correct folders in sd( well i think..)
bootmii/armboot.bin
sys
title
shared1
ticket
boot2.bin
di.bin
font.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users