person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
Try with another USB drive.

Yes I will try that! However is there a known partition size limit? I'm using a 1000GB WD drive with a 300GB partition as primary hosting sneek. The only other drive I could use is an 8GB... And if I could get it work by just resizing the partition that would be amazing, and it would reveal a correlation with my problems using UNEEK! So is there a certain size I should try resizing to?

The reason I ask is because I know that Crediar uses a 300GB WD himself successfully.

Edit: Nope, resizing is another fail. 300, fail. 250, fail. 200, fail. 100, fail. Big fail. Well if I revert to using a smaller drive I won't be able to hold but 3 of my smaller games. Grr... Maybe not something having to do with partition size? It doesn't seem likely but, is there some information that I'm leaving out?

mafiaman1564

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used Game manager to partition my 1tb to fat32 and it works great cause there can only be a 16kb buffer i think something like that lol whatever I just know game manager partition it into a 1tb fat32 and every game has worked

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mafiaman1564 said:
I used Game manager to partition my 1tb to fat32 and it works great cause there can only be a 16kb buffer i think something like that lol whatever I just know game manager partition it into a 1tb fat32 and every game has worked

Yeah it does appear that cluster size is quite a major factor. Although I thought it was 32kb cluster size? I guess just to try, I'll try game manager. But I have 70 gigs worth of files on that partition so there's going to be some time to backup the backup partition, and then erase and recreate. I'll let you guys know.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
person3412 said:
PabloACZ said:

Yes I will try that! However is there a known partition size limit? I'm using a 1000GB WD drive with a 300GB partition as primary hosting sneek. The only other drive I could use is an 8GB... And if I could get it work by just resizing the partition that would be amazing, and it would reveal a correlation with my problems using UNEEK! So is there a certain size I should try resizing to?

The reason I ask is because I know that Crediar uses a 300GB WD himself successfully.

Edit: Nope, resizing is another fail. 300, fail. 250, fail. 200, fail. 100, fail. Big fail. Well if I revert to using a smaller drive I won't be able to hold but 3 of my smaller games. Grr... Maybe not something having to do with partition size? It doesn't seem likely but, is there some information that I'm leaving out?

I'm actually using a Western Digital Caviar drive f 320GB (without any additional partitions and with a 32KB cluster size, with a SATA-to-USB converter,
tongue.gif
) and works flawlessly. Haven't you tried that? If both partitions are FAT32, maybe you can merge them.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
person3412 said:
PabloACZ said:

I'm actually using a Western Digital Caviar drive f 320GB (without any additional partitions and with a 32KB cluster size, with a SATA-to-USB converter,
tongue.gif
) and works flawlessly. Haven't you tried that? If both partitions are FAT32, maybe you can merge them.

Well it's actually just a little bit different than that.

1. Fat32 300Gb Partition for backups including sneek and other files. 2. 500GB unallocated 3. 100GB WBFS

Fat32 actually has a limit to cluster size which I believe even at max is around what sneek supports. Although, I'm going to hope to get lucky with this next one, Those files just finished backing up, I'll let you guys know if Wii Backup Manager works for Fat formatting.

mafiaman1564

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
mafiaman1564 said:

Yeah it does appear that cluster size is quite a major factor. Although I thought it was 32kb cluster size? I guess just to try, I'll try game manager. But I have 70 gigs worth of files on that partition so there's going to be some time to backup the backup partition, and then erase and recreate. I'll let you guys know.

Yea your right it is 32 and I can't gurentee it will work but I had the same problem where windows would only let me format 40gbs for fat32 and sneek would only reconize fat32 and not NTFS so i formatted it with game manager and it worked great after that and as stated before discex fixes that "sample game name"thing

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after having a properly working puneek, i tried to upgrade to the latest sneek using crediar's installer.

no matter what i do (virgin nand, extracted nand using showmiiwads and then fsdumper), it refuses to boot up.

i'll probably just stick with puneek until sneek itself becomes more stable.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
after having a properly working puneek, i tried to upgrade to the latest sneek using crediar's installer.

no matter what i do (virgin nand, extracted nand using showmiiwads and then fsdumper), it refuses to boot up.

You can't use the auto installer with puneek cause you have to change files in the compile of sneek during the process. puneek will NEVER work with the auto installer, NEVER.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mafiaman1564 said:
Yea your right it is 32 and I can't gurentee it will work but I had the same problem where windows would only let me format 40gbs for fat32 and sneek would only reconize fat32 and not NTFS so i formatted it with game manager and it worked great after that and as stated before discex fixes that "sample game name"thing

Haha well as much as I'd love to say that that worked, it didn't. But I do know one thing; It took 3 times as long to copy the same files in Windows as it did in Linux. I might have to find another HDD? But I really seriously am hoping that that is not the problem. So cluster size is important, however that's not the problem needing accountancy.. In other words,
sad.gif
Oh well. So.. Any other ideas? Because I'm hoping that I'm doing something else wrong.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reading back on previous posts I don't even know why it would show the wrong region in SNEEK as it's supposed to be USA ready to begin with. When was the last time you compiled the source ??

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
reading back on previous posts I don't even know why it would show the wrong region in SNEEK as it's supposed to be USA ready to begin with. When was the last time you compiled the source ??

It was like 2 weeks ago but I gave up on that when I found out how easy to use the auto installer was haha.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need the region.bin.....are still including that ????

EDIT: when auto installing did you make sure you chose your region before install. ???

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
you don't need the region.bin.....are still including that ????

EDIT: when auto installing did you make sure you chose your region before install. ???

Yeah I have the region bin. Even then, the right (USA) region is set in the diconfig.bin. But wait... Woah woah WOAH!?? haha you can change the region when using the auto installer? I noticed you could with the beta 2, but you can't in the beta 3. I could try the beta 2, but where could I get it from?

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need the region.bin, get rid of that and see if that works before trying the b2

you can get the b2 from following the same link in the op

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
sweenish said:

You can't use the auto installer with puneek cause you have to change files in the compile of sneek during the process. puneek will NEVER work with the auto installer, NEVER.

i should have clarified. i was using puneek.

i'm trying to simply update so that i'm using the latest sneek+di. i am NOT trying to update puneek.

ChokeD

The Contributor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well in that case I should clarify,

To update SNEEK and use puneek you would have to compile the source the hard way NOT WITH AN AUTO UPDATER and before that you would have to make the proper changes to the source of sneek for punnek to work.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as much as I love annoying you guys with more failures, deleting the region.bin didn't work... I'll update here if the b2 works.

Edit: actually wait, I don't think I'll be able to find the beta 2 if I try to look for it. Since it's been updated to beta 3 and beta 2 was removed, I heard it would be illegal to redistribute those files? PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. But... I don't know, I can't seem to figure this out haha. Well I mean, I'm not worried about it way to much, but if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me haha. I'll go ahead and post my setup.

SD:

bootmii/armboot (from sneek)

bootmii/(other original bootmii files)

Nand backup (full from 4.2u / virgin nand)

di.bin

Font.bin

USB:

Games/Gamename/(games scrubbed with wiiscrubber)

sneek/(auto generated diconfig.bin)

extra di.bin (just in case)

extra font.bin (just in case)

I've tried a few different models, although I've yet to succeed. If there's pretty much nothing else to try, I'll start over completely with a new everything as soon as I get the chance.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
person3412 said:
PabloACZ said:
person3412 said:
PabloACZ said:

tongue.gif

Well it's actually just a little bit different than that.

1. Fat32 300Gb Partition for backups including sneek and other files. 2. 500GB unallocated 3. 100GB WBFS

Fat32 actually has a limit to cluster size which I believe even at max is around what sneek supports. Although, I'm going to hope to get lucky with this next one, Those files just finished backing up, I'll let you guys know if Wii Backup Manager works for Fat formatting.

Actually, maybe it would be better if you use GParted or guiformat. AFAIK, both of them let you choose a cluster size manually. And, well, WBFS is old, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1