Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The best. On average. Actual colour may vary.

Hail to the king, baby.
bow.gif

(We all know what the original box looks like.)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've only played a few levels, and I haven't found the impulse to play it again since I stopped playing. I guess I'm the only one that hasn't been impressed by the game. bit boring really

senormojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deffinitly best game i have i have played in a while and i have beaten crysis mass effect cod 4 assasins creed and i have completed all of mario includiing all 121 stars with luigi, the first few galaxies are boring, it gets way way better after that even reviewers have said that if u get mor into the game it is fantastic.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've only played a few levels, and I haven't found the impulse to play it again since I stopped playing. I guess I'm the only one that hasn't been impressed by the game. bit boring really
Same here. The levels are quite boring and I just had no urge to really continue after the first 2 galaxies.
I'd say (and this is purely speculation), you didn't buy the game, you just downloaded it, right? We've been over this a thousand times. Actually paying for a game increases the playing experience and the opinion you'll have afterwards by a factor of [a lot].

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Actually paying for a game increases the playing experience and the opinion you'll have afterwards by a factor of [a lot].
Maybe this is little offtop but it is not a rule, you know when i buy a magazine with games added (legal) and if one of that games is crap i dont think , "i bought that , must play it to the end" . And when i copy good game on NDS i play it to the end (like project rub, or lego star wars the complete trilogy, best star wars game ever on ds (for now, i hope force unleashed will crash it with gameplay ) ).

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say (and this is purely speculation), you didn't buy the game, you just downloaded it, right? We've been over this a thousand times. Actually paying for a game increases the playing experience and the opinion you'll have afterwards by a factor of [a lot].
I don't think that really matters...and once it gets as many reviews as MP, RE4, and HL2 I don't think it will stay at #1. I'd still say SMG couldn't possibly give me the same feeling OoT/MM and the games I listed did.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I said it was a factor, not an absolute amount. If you'd give a game a 20% score, and the fact you bought it increases the score by half, you still have a score of 30%, meaning the game is still crap (and you still don't like it). And, of course, there are games that are good even without looking at them through the charitable, optimistic filter of having paid for them.

And in the case of breaking points, where you're about to give up on a game, the fact you bought the game gives you that little incentive to keep going, to try and get the most out of it, and that gives the game a chance to get to you, and for you to start enjoying it. If you simply downloaded it, you will give up more easily, grow bored more easily, and there will be no real motive to try and give it another chance, to get something out of it, to literally protect your investment and milk it for all it's worth.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know what you mean Veho, I think it certainly does have an effect on how much you enjoy a game in the long run.

I don't think the game comes out until the 29th here
frown.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i didn't really get into it until the 25th star or so, but the difficulty and variety really increase as the game progresses.

I suggest you play the game a tad more and reserve judgment until the game ramps up; i think it's worth it.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I hated platformers to the core. As in Super Mario, Sonic and other 3D platformers were like the flies who eat the shit that comes out of my bottom.

But after this game, and 20 hours of getting all 120 stars, I love platformers.
(Provided they have the exact same creativity and funzation SMG gave me)

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mario galaxy is the best wii game, and probably the best game ever. Mario 64 was better because it was the 1st 3d platform, so anyone was impressed, but from the direct confront between this 2 games, I can say that galaxy is much better, and not only in the graphic, but also in gameplay, story, controls and fun.
PS
I think that much people held mario 64 better because they played it when they were children. I really remember the fun I had from mario 64, and probably this game made me love nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Good old American calories not good enough for the namby pamby metric boys?