Smea's iosuhax

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LinkmstrYT, May 2, 2016.

1. ARVI80

ARVI80 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2016
    UK
    Looking around, there is no wii u plugin or available unity version, with full support, that is attainable without being Dev approved. Unless someone leaks the package.

2. rubber10

rubber10 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Can i play whith this online and why this have the name like the PC games osu?

3. jeppad
    This message by jeppad has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 2, 2016, Reason: Nice warn you've got there -rp.
    Jul 2, 2016
  4. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    It's the name of part of the security system in the Wii U, ask Nintendo; and it's not released yet, you cannot actually install this exploit.
    <snip>

Last edited by raulpica, Jul 2, 2016 - Reason: Removed reply to trashed post -rp
  5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    This is not a release thread. There is no IOSU exploit available yet. So NO you cannot play online

6. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    OSU is a rythem game.....

Tomy Sakazaki, VinLark and Conn0r like this.
  7. recgame77

recgame77 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2015
    Cameroon
    how is the custom fw.bin loaded ? what is the process ? to write it in memory from iosu then somehiw reinitialize itself ?

8. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Good question

NWPlayer123 likes this.
  9. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    I can't vouch for whatever SALT's been working on, but from what I've seen they're making it stable for the end user, smea's thing is hacky as heck, even says:
    "also, fair warning : do NOT blindly use this. read the patches. running this with the wrong options enabled can/will brick your console. this release is oriented towards devs, not end users."

You've seen quag's menu stuff, NAND dumping sounds very simple and only has to run once whereas I can't vouch for reliability on smea's stuff, they probably have a more advanced custom firmware from a large amount of reverse engineering and the exploit isn't unstable like having multiple attempts just to dump the OTP (smdh), emuNAND is probably very easy to boot into as well, no idea if a persistent sploit has been achieved or will be released but

Ailuros27, iAqua, Coc4tm and 3 others like this.
  10. smealum

smealum growing up sucks.

May 1, 2006
    United States
    SF
    not oriented towards end users != hacky as heck

it's perfectly reliable and usable if you know what you're doing (which basically just requires the ability to actually read code)

Ailuros27, peteruk, KiiWii and 8 others like this.
  11. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    *starts to learn to read again *

Ailuros27 and VinLark like this.
  12. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Are you saying @NWPlayer123 can't read code?

13. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    How about, we people that have no clue, just sit and wait? And tinker with the stuff we got right now?

VinLark likes this.
  14. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    or just never bothered, just don't have much faith in temp blindly leaping into stuff based on hype now that "muh IOSU is here and I have muh 1337 OTP"

15. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Oh but they will you watch haha

16. Coc4tm

Coc4tm WIP Nintendo hacker.

Feb 12, 2016
    France
    fw.img
    A WILD NOOB APPEARS
    :hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth:

17. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    Every time smealum speaks my heart stops

18. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    So I went ahead an complied this which was fun setting up, and after a successful make I'm left with a new fw.img in the work directory which I assume is patched(?), a folder of patched sections, and a wupserver.bin and elf

Out of morbid curiosity, if I had any idea what I was doing, what kind of thing would I be doing next? This seems oddly incomplete to me. Even if we assume the vulnerabilities/exploits aren't included, it seems like there are missing tools for all the purported functionalities like nand backup and nand redirection

19. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Copy all files to your SD card, run .elf file ??? Profits.

inb4 brick.

TotalInsanity4 and Coc4tm like this.
  20. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    I assume the .elf/bin would need IOSU kernel access to run but to me that suggests the patched FW is already loaded. There seems to be a link in the chain missing in how the fw.img is supposed to either be loaded or installed

21. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Yeah I wouldn't call it hacky as heck, it's just really Not Nice for end users. It definitely works from a development standpoint if you're actually using it for development, but for end users there's not much to be gained yet. Half the problem is/was getting things nice enough and adding enough value that booting into redNAND isn't a pointless burden (assuming that users will be going through browserhax).

Last edited by shinyquagsire23, Oct 17, 2016