Homebrew Smashhax on Android possible?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Which are? Sorry I should read up but meh... It's probably possible pretty easily
Having a terminal is not the same as having an x86 toolkit.
openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant so we could just type everything, save as .sh and then run everything without typing again.
Yeah, since .sh files are shell scripts (which are run through bash or similar) that is possible... I'm mostly showing Android is really a Linux kernel with Linux binaries with that screenshot and I'm pretty sure the stuff can be cross compiled just fine and run through the terminal

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yeah, since .sh files are shell scripts (which are run through bash or similar) that is possible... I'm mostly showing Android is really a Linux kernel with Linux binaries with that screenshot and I'm pretty sure the stuff can be cross compiled just fine and run through the terminal
I doubt this will work due to x86 vs arm... but good luck.

Pikasack

What is a title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod, you can do a bit more abuse to the system.
It can also have special privileges in some areas.
If we need to test anything if this becomes a thing, let me know.

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If you have a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod, you can do a bit more abuse to the system.
It can also have special privileges in some areas.
If we need to test anything if this becomes a thing, let me know.
Look. Up. Kali. Linux. Comes with airplay.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://aircrack-ng.blogspot.com/2012/02/aircrack-ng-on-phones-android-iphone.html
If you can get that working than you might have a chance, because all you really need to do is broadcast a pcap using aireplay-ng

So, if you want to do it with just your phone, you are almost entirely out of luck. You might be able to use an external usb wireless adapter with your phone, but I dont think that will work.

Last edited by Cydget,

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was messing about with linux deploy and I think this is possible. I was having problems compiling the patched aircrack-ng, but I installed jessie amdhf to my tablet, because it was the same OS as my raspberrypi. So, I believe I can copy over the compiled from my raspberrypi and run them with my tablet. I already know for a fact that my tablet's internal wifi card doesnt support monitor mode, but if I find my lost USB to tablet adapter, I should be able to use my USB wireless adapter. Ill test/look for my adapter tomorrow.

Reactions: dark_samus3

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was messing about with linux deploy and I think this is possible. I was having problems compiling the patched aircrack-ng, but I installed jessie amdhf to my tablet, because it was the same OS as my raspberrypi. So, I believe I can copy over the compiled from my raspberrypi and run them with my tablet. I already know for a fact that my tablet's internal wifi card doesnt support monitor mode, but if I find my lost USB to tablet adapter, I should be able to use my USB wireless adapter. Ill test/look for my adapter tomorrow.

How would we go about finding if monitor mode is supported on a device's internal card?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would we go about finding if monitor mode is supported on a device's internal card?
Install linux deploy and see if you can set it to monitor mode with
sudo ifconfig wireless interface down
sudo iwconfig wireless interface mode monitor
sudo ifconfig wireless interface up
sudo iwconfig
If it is in monitor mode it works. If not you need an adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1