ROM Hack Smash3DS - Updated ROM Hacking Guide

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So SaltySD stopped working for me after getting the new Luma update, and I can't figure out how to make it work again. I've tried pressing select in SmashSelector, but still the same results. All my files are arranged correctly. any help?

SolMeiLei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So SaltySD stopped working for me after getting the new Luma update, and I can't figure out how to make it work again. I've tried pressing select in SmashSelector, but still the same results. All my files are arranged correctly. any help?

Make sure you have "run external .code" on in the Luma settings (which you can access by pressing Select before booting up the console/CFW)

Reactions: BlastXDX

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I spoke with some ancient people, and we decided to make a discord chat for ssb43ds modding. Basically, we wanted a chat to be able to dump research, have others dump research, offer and get get help, etc. The discord servers I'm in currently are basically dead (I'm not getting near the wii u oriented server that has some 3ds section fsr), which led to the creation of this. Basically, I want to build a community similar to Wii U, and not be dead for several weeks. Anyways, link is here: https://discord.gg/v5qxkjM . This community isn't dead, and it will be great for everyone to come together and do stuff!

SaladFingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error when i initially open ohana and continuously get the error. "Unhandled exception..." "Microsoft.DirectX, Verison= 1.0.2902.0..."

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I get an error when i initially open ohana and continuously get the error. "Unhandled exception..." "Microsoft.DirectX, Verison= 1.0.2902.0..."
It's usually safe to ignore this, but make sure the .dll's are in the same folder as the application and give us more details if possible.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So trying to edit snd_se_joucyu just results in the game occasionally blurting out these big ear-rape noises (Usually when I throw someone or KO them). Such a shame, I wanted to make a port of the Melee Hitsound pack from Wii U :/

Last edited by BlastXDX,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So trying to edit snd_se_joucyu just results in the game occasionally blurting out these big ear-rape noises (Usually when I throw someone or KO them). Such a shame, I wanted to make a port of the Melee Hitsound pack from Wii U :/
How were you attempting to port it? Just renaming will give the loud sounds on things such as screen KOs and hitting your head under the stage.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How were you attempting to port it? Just renaming will give the loud sounds on things such as screen KOs and hitting your head under the stage.
Well, all I did was change the Meteor sound effect to the Wilhelm Scream. There was a mod on Gamebanana, and it came with a wav of it. nothing else was changed.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/32790 <- This was the mod.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for some reason Smash selector just locks up for me when I load the thing

Edit: sometimes it does load and others it just locks up.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0