RELEASE Smash Ultimate (Partial) Data.arc Extractor/Inject Tool

FIX94 Nov 25, 2018.

1. hamdan91

hamdan91 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    Australia
    sorry i didn't really pay attention.
    Anyways will you know which one is links sword and shield texture files? I can't really find it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also have you any luck extracting the nutexb files and then replacing the edited texture file inside the nutexb?
    I've got killzXgaming's switch tools and i can export the nutexb into dds or png but i can't replace the file inside the nutexb, it always gives me Unhandled exception errors. Apparently the switch toolbox is still in BETA but someone out there have successfully modded the nutexb and injected it into the game

2. Zerks

Zerks Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Gotham City
    I keep getting the line "Smash Ultimate ARC Extract WIP-3 by FIX94
    No data.arc in current directory!" do you guys know what I might be doing wrong? Also when I load up the exe itself I get "no filename given" but it still extracts the webm and lopus files.

Last edited by Zerks, Dec 3, 2018
  3. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    It may not have been quite yesterday, but I now added a file replace mode to this tool, after you extract a file using a filepath as argument, you can then do something like
    "ssbu_arc_extract replace your_filepath_here"
    and the tool will try and then place it back into the data.arc. This will only work if the filesize is smaller or equal to the file you replace, or in case of the file being compressed, if the resulting automatic compression is smaller or equal to the original compressed file. The tool uses slightly stronger compression than seemingly used originally by the smash team so you may get away with slightly bigger uncompressed files in that case.
    So yea, this is basically untested so far, so good luck I guess giving this a shot :P

normal19 likes this.
  4. hamdan91

hamdan91 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    Australia
    It works!! thanks FIX94. Please i beg you tell me... is there any way to replace nutexb textures?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I've got everything ready but killzxgaming's switch toolbox still needs to be fixed to support replacing nutexb textures

5. rileyzzz

rileyzzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    United States
    Started using this tool today and managed to export some of Simon’s textures, and I’m curious what format the models are in, since I can’t seem to find any bfres files within the hashstrings.txt. I’m guessing it’s one of the other filetypes such as .numshb, but I’m wondering if anybody has made tools for extracting these files

6. BruhLookAtThis

BruhLookAtThis Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United States
    Has anyone found a way to change/the file location of parameters? Things like run speed, jump number, etc?

7. HelloThere123

HelloThere123 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks so much for working on thus FIX94! So does this mean that if we know the file name and path, we can extract and replace any file from the data.arc, even the models and textures? If so, is there any way i can find those out or do i just have to guess? Also will it ever just be able to extract everything into a romfs folder or us that not how it works? Wouldnt there be a file that stores the locations of all the models, textures, music, videos, etc?

8. hamdan91

hamdan91 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2018
    Australia
    It's not that simple and no you can't just replace anything you want. The data.arc file is heavily strict on files sizes.

9. HelloThere123

HelloThere123 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    Australia
    Ah, that sucks. Hopefully soon. Do you know what FIX94 mean by "So now I think it should be possible to actually extract everything if you know the filenames" then?

10. Jtendo

Jtendo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    United States
    help me I'm trying to extract the game but it's says GCC is n a command line

11. AlternativeZero

AlternativeZero GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2017
    Tool works great, just wondering if anyone knows the path for the voice audio files?

12. y4my4m

y4my4m Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2018
    Japan
    I did a binwalk on the data.arc, there were a lot of paths showing about shaders and textures like:

`/punchoutsb/normal/model/stc_lightboard_chance_set/pusb_lightboard_chance_col.n`
    `/common/shader/sfxPBS/default_Whiteoutside_spc`
    `/common/shader/sfxPBS/default_White#replace_cubemap`
    `/common/s/sfxPBS/fighter/default_Normal`
    `/common/shader/sfxPBS/fighter/default_Normal`
    `eCos RTOS string reference: "ecosmic_set_00.nuanmx"`
    `/common/shader/sfxPBS/default_NormalParamspunchoutsb_bake_lit`
    `/common/shader/sfxPBS/default_WhiteWiiFit_studio_ira`

Last edited by y4my4m, Dec 25, 2018
  13. kelvin0408

kelvin0408 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2019
    Hong Kong
    nice one thanks a lot

14. Gladuin

Gladuin Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    Netherlands
    I want to extract the full soundtrack from SSBU, but do I need all of the DLC to get every song? Or aren't there any new songs being added with the DLC?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted