Hacking Smash Stack not working on newest Wii U update?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii U is fully updated to the latest version. When I try to use the Smash Stack exploit, it just stays loading the stage thumbnail on the Stage Builder screen. Did Nintendo patch this somehow? Can anyone confirm this?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Try setting up the SD again.
Also it would be very difficult to patch this. If it got "patched" then it'll be Hackmii that needs to be fixed.

mckenziesdaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck, same thing still happens.

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago when I got my Wii U. I had to get Lego Batman, It worked like a charm the first time. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I used the same SD card, With the batman hack. But yeah, I would just use Lego batman. Gamestop if your in the US, Will let you buy and return used titles for a full refund.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago when I got my Wii U. I had to get Lego Batman, It worked like a charm the first time. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. I used the same SD card, With the batman hack. But yeah, I would just use Lego batman. Gamestop if your in the US, Will let you buy and return used titles for a full refund.
The Smash Stack exploit DID work when I first got my Wii U, but then I deleted all the cIOSes and hack stuff because I was afraid of Nintendo banning me online. Now I'm trying to use the exploit the exact same way I did before but it's not working at all. I just stays on the Stage Builder screen with the music playing on the background. If you try to quit it it just doesn't work, you have to unplug the Wii U.

Are you using a 2gb SD card or less?
I'm using a 256mb micro SD card with an adapter.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
From the Wiibrew page

Usage

Note: An SDHC card will not work with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. You must have an SD card that is 2GB or less.
  1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.
  2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
  3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
  4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer's boot.elf works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
  5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
  6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.

Reactions: KiiWii

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
From the Wiibrew page

Usage

Note: An SDHC card will not work with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. You must have an SD card that is 2GB or less.
  1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service. You will need to wait at least 24 hours for the stage from the Smash Service to be automatically deleted before trying to run this exploit. DO NOT go on Wi-Fi once the Smash Service stage is deleted.
  2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
  3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
  4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer's boot.elf works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
  5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
  6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.
I did everything that is written on the Wiki. I've used Smash Stack multiple times before on Wiis, and for some reason it's not working anymore on my Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over