Hacking Smash Bros/Online Play/EUR Release/USA Console

re4ryu

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you remembered to rename it to .3dz?

Yeah i changed the extension to .3dz

I just tried the header from another game (Luigis mansion) and its managed to work :S how strange... something was probably wrong with my Zelda header!

Thank you for helping anyway peat! :)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shulk is definitely not OP. Not yet anyway.

Sheik, Rosalina, Little Mac and Greninja have been winning tourneys in the last few weeks.

Uh, have you played it?

He is definitely Noob-friendly and Overpowered. Tourny-winning means nothing. Also, what tournies would even be around? Maybe like 2. C'mon guy.

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, have you played it?

He is definitely Noob-friendly and Overpowered. Tourny-winning means nothing. Also, what tournies would even be around? Maybe like 2. C'mon guy.

Considering I use Shulk a lot and me and my brother Nairo(current Brawl world champion from Apex 2014) have played a lot since the game launched against each other, I think I have a better idea than you :D

He's strategic. You have to think about what Monado stance to use and most of his attacks are sluggish and have a lot of ending lag. He's not noob friendly at all.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Considering I use Shulk a lot and me and my brother Nairo(current Brawl world champion from Apex 2014) have played a lot since the game launched against each other, I think I have a better idea than you :D

Shots+Fired.jpg

Reactions: Doran754

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He's strategic. You have to think about what Monado stance to use and most of his attacks are sluggish and have a lot of ending lag. He's not noob friendly at all.

I'm going to go ahead and mark out what is irrelevant in your quote. I.E. things that bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The lag is barely anything to be concerned about. his smash attacks are easy as hell to hit. The lag "isn't" lag. It hits, then it hits AGAIN. The wait from the initial hit to the "again-blue-laser" hit, is the lag. It's not lag at all. It's just multi-hit.

You need to stop using irrelevant information in your arguments, kiddo.

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to go ahead and mark out what is irrelevant in your quote. I.E. things that bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The lag is barely anything to be concerned about. his smash attacks are easy as hell to hit. The lag "isn't" lag. It hits, then it hits AGAIN. The wait from the initial hit to the "again-blue-laser" hit, is the lag. It's not lag at all. It's just multi-hit.

You need to stop using irrelevant information in your arguments, kiddo.

It isn't irrelevant. You're just salty as hell haha. Everyone else in this thread speaking about Shulk is saying similar things to what I'm saying. You're alone in your claims. And you don't even understand what lag is. I'll make it simple for you. Sure it's easy to use the attacks but not easy to actually connect with them unless your opponent is braindead and doesn't know how to shield or dodge. He can easily be punished because Shulk goes into cooldown for most of his attacks. He can be blocked and then attacked or grabbed.

We have a term for people like you in the smash community. It's called a scrub. You need to stop talking out of your ass :)

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Maybe perfect stance management makes him a worthy character but in my opinion you need to spend too much focus on trivial things just for him to still be worse than top tier characters.

Btw can you tell me what makes shiek better than zss ?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is irrelevant. Because you've been in smash tournaments in the past, for the PREVIOUS games, you know better than I do? I got the Japanese game when it released, too. Stop acting like you're above people, child. He's easy to play, and easy to pwn with. Which, by the way, makes him a "Kratos". And because you use him, it's obvious you're biased.
Please stop insulting me and others and leave this forum. You're being an asshole.
It isn't irrelevant. You're just salty as hell haha. Everyone else in this thread speaking about Shulk is saying similar things to what I'm saying. You're alone in your claims. And you don't even understand what lag is. I'll make it simple for you. Sure it's easy to use the attacks but not easy to actually connect with them unless your opponent is braindead and doesn't know how to shield or dodge. He can easily be punished because Shulk goes into cooldown for most of his attacks. He can be blocked and then attacked or grabbed.

We have a term for people like you in the smash community. It's called a scrub. You need to stop talking out of your ass :)

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe perfect stance management makes him a worthy character but in my opinion you need to spend too much focus on trivial things just for him to still be worse than top tier characters.

I agree. He's pretty gimmicky. But I like that he makes me think a lot when I play. If I don't want to die so early when I'm over a 100 I hurry up an switch to Shield Stance. If I get blown away but don't die, I hurry up and switch to Jump Stance so that I get extra leverage. The character picks my brain but there are better options than him in a game with 51 characters.

No, it is irrelevant. Because you've been in smash tournaments in the past, for the PREVIOUS games, you know better than I do? I got the Japanese game when it released, too. Stop acting like you're above people, child. He's easy to play, and easy to pwn with. Which, by the way, makes him a "Kratos". And because you use him, it's obvious you're biased.
Please stop insulting me and others and leave this forum. You're being an asshole.
Maybe you're just too sensitive haha. Yes we've played the game in previous games, and now we're playing in competitions of skill in the new game. you're shrugging it off as if it means nothing and saying I have no right to claim something. Yet here you are boasting your claims and you don't even play the character apparently. That's called talking out of your ass guy :)

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My question still stands, what makes shiek better than zss ? not a trick question i genuinely don't know

kelvintoogood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question still stands, what makes shiek better than zss ? not a trick question i genuinely don't know

ZSS looks like a strong character so far. But Sheik seems faster, has more range with projectiles, has better combos and has longer lasting moves that can punish people who air dodge excessively. But they're both pretty good characters. I like using ZSS more than Sheik because I find her more fun.

dialtone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, there was only ever 1 game that had issues, which was bravely default between 1.2 and 2.0, this was just due to the fact the game was capable of using both standard save encryption and 6.x save encryption.....kinda a overlap game that caught people out once gateway added 6.x save encryption

only time you will loose saves now is if you switch from a .3ds to .3dz or the other way around

This explains a lot, I played the beginning for an hour and a half of Braverly Default and loved the game but the next time I booted the game up the saves were empty and I was pissed. I'm about to start over again and am worried since this is an rpg so lots of hours going into it that my save will disappear again. My question is now that ive got the latest gateway firmware have they fixed that issue and should u ease my worries? (sorry for the off topic)

Now more on top I'm trying to get smash to work online, I've got a ntsc 3ds xl and the EU scene rip of smash, i patched using the method from OP, used the ID from the nfo of the release, and renamed 3dz extension. Game can be booted fine but trying to go online says i needed the updated version but trying to download the game update from the eshop before booting gives me an error and software unavailable message. Since I see others have been able to get the game update im wondering if its cause my 3ds is ntsc region or something, anyone can elaborate on either of my questions would be great. Thanks.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ZSS looks like a strong character so far. But Sheik seems faster, has more range with projectiles, has better combos and has longer lasting moves that can punish people who air dodge excessively. But they're both pretty good characters. I like using ZSS more than Sheik because I find her more fun.
Sheik is faster in some attacks AND does have better aerial finishers but ZSS is no slouch either, I main both. XD
Quick on her feet, reliable smashes, side B can come in handy as well, lots of options and reliable recoveries overall. XD She is definitely one of the best characters in the game. I can say that for Sheik as well.

Also Little Mac can be extremely easy to punish, with such a poor aerial game.
And shulk, I like him, but people hype him for too much. He isn't as quick as people make it out to be and he has lots of startup lag fir many attacks, making him easy to counter if he misses (due to somewhat huge ending lag in most attacks)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This explains a lot, I played the beginning for an hour and a half of Braverly Default and loved the game but the next time I booted the game up the saves were empty and I was pissed. I'm about to start over again and am worried since this is an rpg so lots of hours going into it that my save will disappear again. My question is now that ive got the latest gateway firmware have they fixed that issue and should u ease my worries? (sorry for the off topic)
the bravely default issue only applied if you played on 1.2, then updated to 2.x, what you may of experienced is the loss of save data that occurs if you dont exit the game after saving and the 3DS goes flat or crashes.....always remember to exit after playing
Now more on top I'm trying to get smash to work online, I've got a ntsc 3ds xl and the EU scene rip of smash, i patched using the method from OP, used the ID from the nfo of the release, and renamed 3dz extension. Game can be booted fine but trying to go online says i needed the updated version but trying to download the game update from the eshop before booting gives me an error and software unavailable message. Since I see others have been able to get the game update im wondering if its cause my 3ds is ntsc region or something, anyone can elaborate on either of my questions would be great. Thanks.
you can only play online with a EU console, you can't get the eshop update unless the console is from the correct region......you will just have to wait for the US release

dialtone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the bravely default issue only applied if you played on 1.2, then updated to 2.x, what you may of experienced is the loss of save data that occurs if you dont exit the game after saving and the 3DS goes flat or crashes.....always remember to exit after playing

you can only play online with a EU console, you can't get the eshop update unless the console is from the correct region......you will just have to wait for the US release

Thanx, I guess i'll play the waiting game for the us release only 2 days away at the latest =p As for Braverly Default your prob right I have a bad habbit of just closing the ds so I guess I'll be sure to backup my save and make sure to close the software at the end of playing from now on, thanx for the info

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t wanna be the partypooper here, but seeing the amount of bitchfight and gateway-discussions here, i would love to see this topic closed by some mods, or moved to a discussion-section. I don´t see any
Online Play or EUR Release-USA Console

discussions here, anymore and am a bit tired of getting excited over answering questions everytime i see an Alert in my profile just to see other people either repeating Gateway-questions or bitching about character-tiers. No Online-play and no Support regarding Smash whatsoever, so i believe this either belongs stopped or moved into Gamingdiscussion.http://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-bros-online-play-eur-release-usa-console.372117/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k