Smash Bros Error (Gateway to Gateway)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by superspence, Oct 5, 2014.

1. superspence
    OP

superspence Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Canada
    Vancouver
    I can't be in the same lobby as my friend while we are both using Gateway. I can connect to other people who have the full game (For glory and friends) I can also connect to other people's GWs in local wireless, it's just when were online. Even when there is someone with the real game in the lobby (as host and not)

We both have good headers as we can both play online with other people.

Here is the error (big picture)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

2. Ante0

Ante0 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    Are you both using the same header?

Ericthegreat likes this.
  3. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Beat me to it, you should both use a different header (at least a different dump, but different header safeter online).

4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    That's why I keep shouting all the time about getting your own personal header for your own ID, its cheap and works! Man, wish peeps would listen :lol: That would be a perfect opportunity and an example of how Nintendo could ban that header ID and many 3DS's all at the same time, it could be so easy for them really to do it, if many people are using the same header that are posted online!!! My advice is, don't use headers that are online for everyone to use! That's my little rant over with, thank you for listening :lol:

5. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    A perfect example?
    They neither confirmed nor denied that they're actually using the same header.

Lordjontan and cearp like this.
  6. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Hm.. i had this error. seemed to be a header hex edit error. used 45f80290, but had to use 48f80090. But i wasn't able to connect to matchmaking (it did connect to nintendo), so it might not be the same. It is the same error code however.

7. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Does this mean you can't generate your own header ID and MUST get one from a cart?

8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    They are friends and know each other and they are playing local multiplayer together is a sign and also the possibility of them both using the same header is 110% yes and scene as though SSB wont let them on the same time is 110% down to the fact they have the same ID header injected in the same SSB rom! Its quite obvious!!! ;)

9. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    You can't throw around numbers like that in cases where you're "pretty sure" based on actions that don't directly confirm your claims.

10. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I'm pretty sure, yes, if he used his own personal 4GB header, I would bet my granny on it they could both go into a local multiplayer game together and it would work!

11. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    That was the only point I was trying to make though. You're not 110% sure, just "pretty sure" because of what he said. I think what others have been saying in this topic is "let's wait for a response from the OP with more info before telling him what he did and offering a solution that might not even apply."

ScarletCrystals likes this.
  12. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
  13. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Lol! You just gave the best example why most of the % comments are complete bs.

Lordjontan likes this.
  14. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    I have found that assigning the 3ds mac to point to an ip that is outside the ghcp lease pool then pointing the dmz to the ip outside the firewall fixes the issue

15. solarsaturn9

solarsaturn9 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2012
    United States
    Alternatively you could actually buy the game. Seriously, it's a good game and you probably won't be able to participate in official tournaments without a retail cart anyway.

16. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay

Can you prove your findings? I have not had one problem since I setup my router as I mentioned above.

17. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Waiting for OP to tell us if they're using the same header. It would be great proof that having your own header makes a difference online.

18. superspence
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Canada
    Vancouver
    Sorry guys I was sleeping. We both dumped our own carts (mine from SM3DL and his from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, if it matters) and used our own headers from our respective games. When I play online matchmaking it occasionally shows the error (about 1 in 10 games) which makes me think it may be a Gateway thing. Perhaps dumping my friends Smash cart instead of using a rom I found online would fix it.

19. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    But can you now actually play together?

20. superspence
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Canada
    Vancouver
    we can play together using local wireless, but when we try to play online we get that error. We can both play online with random people or with my other friend who has the official game