Smash bros always reboot O3ds on start

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Keylogger, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hello,

I can't play Smash Bros with my Sky3DS on my O3DS XL. When I launch the game, I have a black screen then, my 3DS reboots...

But I can play the game with no problem on my N3ds as it doesn't reboot on N3DS.

Any solution to play this game on O3ds?

Thanks

2. c80n

c80n GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Venezuela
    Having a similar problem with Gateway on old 3DS.
    I am on the latest EmuNAND (9.8) and games that use extra power from the 3DS (Smash, and Monster Hunter) give me a black screen on boot after launching them.
    I have no clue as to why this is happening, tried everything from deleting update data and content to changing the header to renaming the save data to see if there was any conflict for both games. This didn't happen before.

3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Maybe both of you guys got your rom from the same place and it's a bad dump?

4. c80n

c80n GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Venezuela
    No, my rom is not a bad dump when it worked before the latest update. I didn't notice this issue since I was busy playing other games until recently when the DLC was announced and couldn't play Smash. Then I tried every other rom I had in my library and absolutely everything except these two games worked, and both games have in common that they use extra power from Miiverse and Internet explorer.

5. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Yeah same here, my rom always worked before. But now, even in 8.1 SYSNAND, I have a black screen then my 3DS reboots so it's not an Emunand related problem

6. tehrzky

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    MH4U and SSB4.. will reboot your O3DS. i dont know why. i think its because the RAM of O3DS..

but on CIA it can play on O3DS....

7. Shady Guy Jose

Shady Guy Jose GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2008
    Portugal
    Apparently, they can't even boot, so that's not it

8. tehrzky

tehrzky Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2015
    yeah i edit my post. i thought on exit.. :D