ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
again the answer is yes, in the wii u version are skins of characters like ryu, ike, marth, etc who has personalize character voice, but as i said early in the 3ds version i dont know if you can just put a voice changing the xx number or if you have to change the game to put another voice

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i rename a voice alt file twice?
upload_2016-8-23_14-4-1.png

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
i guess but i dont know which file is the one you need, try to look where are multiples koopajr files (that would be a referces for looking where you have to copy

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
im the greatest idiot modeler who ever graces earth, in about 2 hours i made this, im going to take a lunch break and around 15 pm(here is 13:13)im continue with sora, by the way the corrin pack is a bit difficult than expectec beacuse the resolution of the skin is to small but i will try to do the best i can, anyway Clouded if you can please made the banners and icons
HNI_0088.JPG
HNI_0089.JPG
HNI_0086.JPG
HNI_0091.JPG

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where can i see that?
if you decrypted the game it must be here: romfs\sound\bgm at the bottom after the stage music

Attachments

• body.rar
    467.4 KB · Views: 786
  • HNI_0087.JPG
    HNI_0087.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 118

PoppyJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, im happy so, thanks to Clouded Sun im finally can make dlc characters so here is SSGB Cloud, im going to make some of the wiiu to the 3ds so if someone wants a specific skin just tell me..
Could you Possibly do Ragna The Bloodedge over Cloud? Someone had made it for Wii U but not 3DS.

Reactions: Xero-Miku

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so i rename a voice alt file twice? View attachment 59872

Thunder Kai, unfortunately for now SaltySD does not allow you to add game files to Smash, it only replaces existing ones. If SaltySD had an update for being able to add Smash files, this would be possible, but for now we have to wait.

The _cXX extrenstion on the nus3bank name determines the slot it uses by default, so adding _c00 to a nus3bank file would help it only work on the first costume slot, while the default voices would work off of the original nus3bank voice file (without the _cXX). Say, if you had Shadow on the 5th slot of Sonic, you can put the modified sonic voice nus3bank as (namehere)_c04.nus3bank, so all your other slots would work with Sonic voices but the one other voice would be Shadow's.

If SaltySD could add files, we'd also be able to have additional costume slots. ui_character_db.bin works exactly the same as the Wii U version.

AND XERO MIKU, I LOVE YOU MAN

I'm on it for those banner/icon files!

Last edited by Clouded Sun,
Reactions: Thunder Kai

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thunder Kai, unfortunately for now SaltySD does not allow you to add game files to Smash, it only replaces existing ones. If SaltySD had an update for being able to add Smash files, this would be possible, but for now we have to wait.

The _cXX extrenstion on the nus3bank name determines the slot it uses by default, so adding _c00 to a nus3bank file would help it only work on the first costume slot, while the default voices would work off of the original nus3bank voice file (without the _cXX). Say, if you had Shadow on the 5th slot of Sonic, you can put the modified sonic voice nus3bank as (namehere)_c04.nus3bank, so all your other slots would work with Sonic voices but the one other voice would be Shadow's.

If SaltySD could add files, we'd also be able to have additional costume slots. ui_character_db.bin works exactly the same as the Wii U version.

AND XERO MIKU, I LOVE YOU MAN

I'm on it for those banner/icon files!
Saltysd allows for adding new files. I've been using it to add costume slots for weeks with no issues. Extra slots are also the only way some model swaps will function (like waluigi and captain falcon).

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seeing as my request wasn't added to the OP, I'll just repeat it: Requesting Ronald McDonald over Roy

ca66a03f13.png

Don't forget the gloves and boots

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy CSS Editor in the Wii U Hacking and Homebrew section of GBATemp. Or you could use my files posted in the Smash Romhacking thread which has a couple of extra slots for certain characters.

Sorry for my misinformation about that.

But I did try the Easy CSS editor and you premade modpack and, even edited the ui_character_db.bin but to no avail. I was able to see the new slot, but couldn't load the custom texture (the default model only loaded), any ideas on what I did wrong?

I'm gonna try again now.

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Easy CSS Editor in the Wii U Hacking and Homebrew section of GBATemp. Or you could use my files posted in the Smash Romhacking thread which has a couple of extra slots for certain characters.

But I did try the Easy CSS editor and you premade modpack and, even edited the ui_character_db.bin but to no avail. I was able to see the new slot, but couldn't load the custom texture (the default model only loaded), any ideas on what I did wrong?

wait thats in the wii u version not in 3ds, or its really posible?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm gonna try again now.
For example, if one slot was added, the folder for the model would need to be called c08 for everyone but Little Mac who's folder would be c18. The h folder isn't needed with extra slots.
wait thats in the wii u version not in 3ds, or its really posible?
The program seems to be a bit spotty with the 3ds, but it works. For some strange reason, certain ui_character_db files don't work with the program while others do. And the mii icon is replaced with Mario's.

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
For example, if one slot was added, the folder for the model would need to be called c08 for everyone but Little Mac who's folder would be c18. The h folder isn't needed with extra slots.

The program seems to be a bit spotty with the 3ds, but it works. For some strange reason, certain ui_character_db files don't work with the program while others do. And the mii icon is replaced with Mario's.

ok, anyway almost done with sora but for now since i just have to recolor some things heres Ragna The Bloodedge:
HNI_0094.JPG
HNI_0095.JPG

Attachments

• body.rar
    225.6 KB · Views: 1,508
Reactions: PoppyJR

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, anyway almost done with sora but for now since i just have to recolor some things heres Ragna The Bloodedge:
View attachment 59899 View attachment 59900

Damn, you're fast and good.

I'll create the CSP files for these too.
(T^T) All my favorite Wii U mods are coming to 3DS

Don't forget to credit these guys if you wanna post elsewhere.

WHICH REMINDS ME

I could probably just create the CSPs from the ones from Wii U. Time to fish for a .nut extractor

Yeah, I've done that. I know how to do it on Wii U, so it should've worked the same way but it didn't. Weird...

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.