ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdmhyp.jpg
This was a stage texture I did, how come it's not in the first post?
Here's The Dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajoe0n80079c4nj/XMarioPast.zip?dl=0
The texture is basically mushroomy kingdom at night.
But if the camera zooms out the textures turn back to the normal, original textures.

Last edited by WarioTails358, , Reason: Added more info.
Reactions: ArcPh1r3

ArcPh1r3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice, I'll add it when I get home. It's not in the OP because I wasn't aware it existed. My apologies.
No, I tried changing with each version on fresh .bch files of the stages. Was I supposed to?
Do the textures look messed up or do they look as intended but just misplaced?

Wistful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks nice, I'll add it when I get home. It's not in the OP because I wasn't aware it existed. My apologies.

Do the textures look messed up or do they look as intended but just misplaced?

Its hard to tell, some of the color looks the same, but theres red and other colors I didn't add which appear there.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's The Dropbox link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajoe0n80079c4nj/XMarioPast.zip?dl=0
The texture is basically mushroomy kingdom at night.
But if the camera zooms out the textures turn back to the normal, original textures.

Dream Land (64) does the same thing to the textures. There is another file somewhere that uses different textures from farther away (forgot the term for this) that i have yet to find.

I will upload this when it's complete (the fence and bush textures aren't finished, and the stage zoomed out looks like shit. The platforms are missing because I was playing with stuff and wanted to see what would happen if I replaced them)

Textures are based off of a melee dream land hack, you can probably find the original on smashboards
cknQBgO.jpg

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Wistful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed my issue! Turns out Paint.net (what I used to save images and edit) doesn't compress the image to ETC1, so I used GIMP, pasted the texture over a freshly exported one, and exported my texture as png, which compressed it properly to ETC1. Then, I used the old Ohana3DS to import my texture in, and when I checked it out in game, it worked!

Reactions: Manito

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can anyone tell me the name for duck hunt dog's folder? I'm gonna try that BK-skin, but not sure what the name of the folder should be.

ArcPh1r3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MBpR6Rr.png

Remade my old P3MC texture; this time it's more based on Persona Q. New CSPs also use the PQ art. Replaces h00/c00.

DXLG9eC.png

I thought this would make sense because kicking. ZSS is also really easy to work with. Replaces h02/c02.

All CSS stuff is included.

Attachments

• Makoto Yuki.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,354
  • Chie Satonaka.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,140
Reactions: Manito

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Female Deadpool Version 0.4
deadpool.png

CSS:Untitled.png

Read Info!
40% Done
To Do: Clean up the low resolution texture. Start and finish the regular resolution texture.
Included in current download: Low Res Texture for F.Deadpool and CSS Image (Just chr_00)

This is going to be a pain to finish but so far it looks good. Zero Suit Samus is the easiest character to make custom textures for. I do need to make some fixes to the back of deadpool because it looks weird right now. You can't pause the game to look at deadpool because that texture is not started on yet. But, if you go to training, you can check her out

Attachments

• Female Deadpool.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: Haloman800

ArcPh1r3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't pause the game to look at deadpool because that texture is not started on yet. But, if you go to training, you can check her out
Wouldn't it make sense to make the high res texture first and then shrink it? Also do you want this in the OP now or should I wait until it's done?

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it make sense to make the high res texture first and then shrink it? Also do you want this in the OP now or should I wait until it's done?
*Face Palm*
Why didn't I think of that earlier... Well thanks for the tip.
That saved me doing double the work for later projects.

I'll finish the high res tomorrow so you don't have to put it in the op

Reactions: ArcPh1r3

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first texture was made as a low res one not realizing the high res ones can just be resized and restretched into the low res one's dimensions .-. (Never again)
Always start off with the high res one first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay