ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

AdventureSnivy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The format isn't quite fixed yet. It should be in smash/model/fighter/szerosuit/body.
Aside from that it works and looks great.
p8srUgs.png

Attached download is exactly the same save for the folder format fix.
That's awesome! Could I use this in my modpack? I will give credit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mega Lucario skinned Lucario. Not really a model texture hack and more of a model swap but figured people would be interested anyway

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/ilzxvmView attachment 54554
This is a really cool mod! Could I use it in my modpack? I will give credit. I can also make a custom portrait for it.

Shoopz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have to request if anyone can turn Wii U mods into 3DS, because I need these: Cloud K. Cloud R. Cloud G.

I know there is someone out there to do so, mostly because there is that Cloud BotW skin, and there is only the Wii U version other than for this site.

These skins are cloud redesigns into the Pokemon legendaries: Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon respectively.

Zelkaar

Legendary Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I have to request if anyone can turn Wii U mods into 3DS, because I need these: Cloud K. Cloud R. Cloud G.

I know there is someone out there to do so, mostly because there is that Cloud BotW skin, and there is only the Wii U version other than for this site.

These skins are cloud redesigns into the Pokemon legendaries: Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon respectively.
Okay, wow. These look really friggin' cool. Now Wii U mods can't be "turned", per se, but they can be re-created if someone talented enough were to take up the challenge.

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, wow. These look really friggin' cool. Now Wii U mods can't be "turned", per se, but they can be re-created if someone talented enough were to take up the challenge.
The thing is you would need to take the textures and rearrange them (because the layout of the tex file differs) which is a heck lot of a tideous task. I don't think that's so easy. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus the resolution of the textures will differ as well, so downscaling the textures will be necessary, and that'll make the textures blurry (unless you perfect resize with Photoshop).

Last edited by Gaming796,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
The thing is you would need to take the textures and rearrange them (because the layout of the tex file differs) which is a heck lot of a tideous task. I don't think that's so easy. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus the resolution of the textures will differ as well, so downscaling the textures will be necessary, and that'll make the textures blurry (unless you perfect resize with Photoshop).
Not only that, but Wii U and 3DS textures are different. They are not the same. But I think you can easily extract the game's file via Sm4shExplorer(pretty easy though). But likewise, that mod should be remade from the ground up.

Reactions: Gaming796

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to go full Brawl Textures, but you see, the same problem as the Wii U Textures. Nonetheless, I at least came close to it (seems to me a balance between Brawl and Melee's Art Style).
Yeah. Also, you can get the texture of Brawl Mario and Luigi on Texture Resources or somewhere on Google.

twoson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, updating to boot9strap was a bad decision for me, because now I'm having the same problem i was a couple months ago, my mods arent loading fast enough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a