ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can at least change the c00 and h00 folders to c01 and h01, right? I still want base Sonic as a character. I think I actually do have this model of yours on it when I installed the others, too...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait...did you forget to include the Sonic folder? Or...

Last edited by Charizarding,

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can at least change the c00 and h00 folders to c01 and h01, right? I still want base Sonic as a character. I think I actually do have this model of yours on it when I installed the others, too...

Wait...did you forget to include the Sonic folder? Or...
The structure in the smash folder should be model/fighter/sonic/body/c00 or h00 (which is the default costume for sonic)

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't the data include the smash folder first? So it would be E:/SaltySD/data (cache.bin is in there)/model/fighter/sonic/body/c0X or h0X

SD_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol everyone is doing model swaps and model edits and stuff to expand the Smash 3ds hacking scene and here I am just doing texture hacks, but hey, i was the one of the people that made a tutorial on smash 3ds hacking, that got a good chunk of people into it...

I did a shiny mewtwo and shiny blue bow puff from Melee.

Blue Bow Jigglypuff

Shiny Mewtwo

If you have everything setup (which you probably do) all you need to do is drag the SaltySD folder in the root of your sd card and run cachegen.

Last edited by SD_DS,

SD_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw double post

I forgot if I uploaded this, but I rearranged the Character Select Screen.

All the fighters are now in their respective series. The 2nd Page is now filled with 3rd Parties, and Mii Fighters (with their own slots).

One thing though is that the CSPs & Stocks of Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Corrin are bugged. In the CSS, their CSPs just show up as white. Their icons are fine. When in a match, their CSPs & Stocks are just big Red X's in front of a black background. Anyone know how to fix this? Any help will be appreciated. I suspect that it has to do something with the "dlc_param_c.bin" file. Thanks.

Download is here.

1st Page
yJctrcA.jpg

2nd Page
1BqNqJk.jpg

Reactions: Charizarding

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh...so should the cache.bin go in smash then?
just rename the data folder to smash

Does somebody has made a jigglypuff skin like this one
Sorry Ordim3n I got caught up in a PM tourney in which I won bizzaro flame style :yay:
Either way, I will try that and upload it now, its a John Cena meme sound by the way
Also, what files do I have to delete to make the CIA 1.4 gb like normal?
There it is

btw double post

I forgot if I uploaded this, but I rearranged the Character Select Screen.

All the fighters are now in their respective series. The 2nd Page is now filled with 3rd Parties, and Mii Fighters (with their own slots).

One thing though is that the CSPs & Stocks of Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Corrin are bugged. In the CSS, their CSPs just show up as white. Their icons are fine. When in a match, their CSPs & Stocks are just big Red X's in front of a black background. Anyone know how to fix this? Any help will be appreciated. I suspect that it has to do something with the "dlc_param_c.bin" file. Thanks.

Download is here.

1st Page
yJctrcA.jpg

2nd Page
1BqNqJk.jpg
The link doesn't work

Attachments

• JohnCena.rar
    43.6 KB · Views: 124

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found out that having all the mii fighters as their own slot completely breaks the Mii fighters as a whole. You can't properly make or edit new Mii fighters and if you fight anyone that uses one of their personal Mii fighters, you will desync.

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got my textures working, after getting rid of the data folder from the tutorial I was watching. I do have another question though - my texture hacks don't work on DLC stages! Is there a way to fix that?

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Since everyone is working with the CSS, could anyone make me a specific one? I hate to be a beggar, but I really can't into this bin file. Even with HxD, it's far too confusing

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finally got my textures working, after getting rid of the data folder from the tutorial I was watching. I do have another question though - my texture hacks don't work on DLC stages! Is there a way to fix that?
Do you have the correct folder structure?
The two versions of stages, regular and omega go in two seperate folders respectively.
The Melee folder is for regular versions of stages with stage gimmicks and the End folder to is for omega stages.
Also because of how the 3ds version handles lighting effects depending on the position of the camera if it zooms in or out, the textures will switch between original textures and your custom textures.

DELT-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright, I don't know if this is allowed here, or has been asked before (I searched the thread and nothing came up), so I'll ask here

I've been trying to install this but can't seem to get it to work.
The normal game loads up fine (It's an American Smash 4 CIA, since I have an European 3DS), but once I install the update, I get kicked to the 3DS' Home Menu with the message that 'An error has occured', followed by the 3DS restarting.

I've asked numerous people, but nobody seems to answer.
And before you ask, yes, I've followed the steps in this guide.
I've tried launching:

- A clean game with no updates (worked fine)
- The game recompiled together with the update

I really don't know what to do. All help is appreciated!

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I don't know if this is allowed here, or has been asked before (I searched the thread and nothing came up), so I'll ask here

The normal game loads up fine (It's an American Smash 4 CIA, since I have an European 3DS), but once I install the update, I get kicked to the 3DS' Home Menu with the message that 'An error has occured', followed by the 3DS restarting.

I've tried launching:

You need to update the game with the special file. Then when you start the game, it will say it needs an update, dont do it and choose launch the file anyway and when you are inside the game, you will see that it's updated.

DELT-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You need to update the game with the special file. Then when you start the game, it will say it needs an update, dont do it and choose launch the file anyway and when you are inside the game, you will see that it's updated.
That's the thing, I take a default game, install the special file, launch it, and then it crashes

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright, I replaced Robin's CSS with Fem Robin, Corrin's CSS with Fem Corrin, and Wario's CSS with Classic Wario. All I need to do now is figure out how to rearrange the CSS and my ideal CSS will come true.
Could you upload this? I don't care about rearranging but I would like those alts on my CSS. Also pink Villager and fire flower mario

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've tried launching:

Did you do the part involving Title Manager? Where you delete the AXCE patch file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol