ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimmanonroll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting on someone with some programming knowledge to finally give us a real editor for 3ds. Rebirth is a great program but the dev is for some reason adamant that it will never be an editor, and even though the old version works its... Very buggy.
Why is the developer wanting it to strictly be a viewer, anyways? Nobody is going to care if your program is just a viewer, and who's going to use the exporter feature on it if there's no way to import in it? That program is almost completely useless.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is the developer wanting it to strictly be a viewer, anyways? Nobody is going to care if your program is just a viewer, and who's going to use the exporter feature on it if there's no way to import in it? That program is almost completely useless.
Apparently everyone in that thread love looking at models. The developer just has no interest in editing, and doesn't even have their own way of testing the edits so deemed it unnecessary. They have support for TONS of games like the top down Zelda's and Mario kart and smash but nothing to actually do...

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i am going to try to rig chrom to marth's bones and lower the quality of the model and see what happens

Here's a little gift for everyone! For all those alt costume users, your OCD can now be at peace. Please enjoy your perfect CSS!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dphjbbda3j52s7d/AltCSS.zip
So we have Css icons for everyone's Alt's now or we can now have more alt costume while keeping the originals like project m?

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we have Css icons for everyone's Alt's now or we can now have more alt costume while keeping the originals like project m?
The Top CSS screen (with the pictures of what characters you can pick) only uses the default costume in the picture. I made it so if you play Roy Koopa you can have the picture display Roy instead of Bowser Jr.

Reactions: Red9419

Spyro78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Top CSS screen (with the pictures of what characters you can pick) only uses the default costume in the picture. I made it so if you play Roy Koopa you can have the picture display Roy instead of Bowser Jr.
Could you add Famicom ROB? It annoys me that they switched his default from Brawl.

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add Famicom ROB? It annoys me that they switched his default from Brawl.
Famicom R.O.B. is already in the games files, he just goes unused. All you'd have to do is rename it and it should work.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll just wait till a working program like brawl box comes out before i start
project chrom 4
Project C4
w.i.p project name

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I get everything figured out, I'll be starting my own little project:

pQhJJtw.png

KingDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I seem to be having some problems with extracting the contents of the dt and ls files in the sm4sh 1.14 update. Whenever I run the dtls.py dt ls outdir/ command, I always seem to get the following error:
C:\Users\Memes\Desktop\Update\RomFS_>dtls.py dt ls outdir/
File "C:\Users\Memes\Desktop\Update\RomFS_\dtls.py", line 33
def get_file((start, size)):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if it's possible to fix this? Thanks. I use Python 3.5 btw.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I'm able to get custom music working without a problem, but for some reason when I play as Charizard his shiny texture won't appear, and I have it located in the fighters folder along with everyone else.

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohana won't start for me :( I'm on Windows 10 using the latest DirectX and the latest .NET Framework. Just updated the GPU drivers. Help?
Error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at Ohana3DS.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Ohana3DS
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Tobin/Desktop/Sm4sh%20hacks/Smash%203DS%20Pack/Ohana3DS.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Has anyone else got this error/know of a fix?

EDIT: Seems like I was missing a few DLLs. Never mind! :D

Last edited by Megalegacy98,

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I'm able to get custom music working without a problem, but for some reason when I play as Charizard his shiny texture won't appear, and I have it located in the fighters folder along with everyone else.
Do you have the textures for both his High and low Poly models?

Updated alt CSS icons - I forgot Alph... Same link as above.

ShadowLuigi~NG~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as model swapping goes, I think I figured out the issue. Using Chrom over Marth as an example, Marth's base model has 44 nodes.
Chrom only has 21. Since Chrom's model still uses on Marth's motion data, it'll crash whenever said data references a node that Chrom doesnt have.

Im messing around with stuff now and seeing if I can match up Chrom and Marth's skeleton data, I'll let you guys know if I get anywhere

As I have experience modding NSMBW, too many nodes crash the game when trying to load the model. Depending on the costume, said model would need to be below a certain number of nodes. Now, I don't know if 3DS games handle it differently, but this is true for games like MKWii, Brawl, and NSMBWii.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm not really sure. I think I got the toon link one to work. Let me get a pic of it.

Edit: Is that the textured version?

Doubt it, and whose Charizard do you have? Mine or SD's? If mine, I know I have the c0x and h0x folders inside of the body folder. If you are using "cachegen" then make sure you repeat the method for everytime you want to take out your sdcard after adding a new file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ