ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I have installed the DLC with a cia, how do I keep the DLC characters while using saltySD? The characters disappeared after installing the so-called secret file

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I was trying to unpack "dt" and "ls", but DTLS don't work(when I open it automatically closes) and I don't know what I should do, can someone help me?
I just had this problem yesterday and didn't know what to do, but @Yudowat told me how: In the smash 3ds pack, there should be a dtls.py file in a dtls update folder, put that in your smash update folder with the DT and LS files and run CMD. Type "dtls.py dt ls data" and it should work. :)

edit: Oh wait I read your comment as trying to unpack the update files rather than the main pack, sorry.
Are you running the extract.bat?

Last edited by Aus-Yoshi,
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had this problem yesterday and didn't know what to do, but @Yudowat told me how: In the smash 3ds pack, there should be a dtls.py file in a dtls update folder, put that in your smash update folder with the DT and LS files and run CMD. Type "dtls.py dt ls data" and it should work. :)

edit: Oh wait I read your comment as trying to unpack the update files rather than the main pack, sorry.
Are you running the extract.bat?

No, I don't any extract.bat.

I want the models, I suppose that I obtain these models unpacking "dt" and "ls" with DTLS. I'm so confused.

Aus-Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have an extract.bat file? That's...very odd. It should've been included in the pack listed in the OP, assuming that's what you're using.
All the models are in the dt file, which I'm positive you need the extract.bat file for.

edit: nvm it's not there, my mistake sorry.
Are you opening CMD and entering "DTLS.exe dt ls" as a command with the DTLS.exe in the same folder as your dt file? I don't think just running DTLS.exe by itself does anything.

Last edited by Aus-Yoshi,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, I don't any extract.bat.

I want the models, I suppose that I obtain these models unpacking "dt" and "ls" with DTLS. I'm so confused.
Don't use DTLS.exe, I've had too many troubles with it. Download dtls.py from here: https://github.com/comex/smash-stuff/archive/master.zip (and place it in the same directory as the dt and ls files), open a command prompt there too and type
Code:
dtls.py dt ls data
You need python 2.7 installed.

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have an extract.bat file? That's...very odd. It should've been included in the pack listed in the OP, assuming that's what you're using.
All the models are in the dt file, which I'm positive you need the extract.bat file for.

edit: nvm it's not there, my mistake sorry.
Are you opening CMD and entering "DTLS.exe dt ls" as a command with the DTLS.exe in the same folder as your dt file? I don't think just running DTLS.exe by itself does anything.

Yes you're right, I tried with CMD after trying to open de DTLS.exe and didn't work.

Don't use DTLS.exe, I've had too many troubles with it. Download dtls.py from here: https://github.com/comex/smash-stuff/archive/master.zip (and place it in the same directory as the dt and ls files), open a command prompt there too and type
Code:
dtls.py dt ls data

Thanks, but when I tried to do this CMD give that error http://imgur.com/7pMijZ1 .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Code:
dtls.py dt ls data

Don't worry, I was doing this so bad. I used correctly the DTLS.exe and it worked. Thanks for all :)

Reactions: Aus-Yoshi

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
What file holds the data for the menu music, when it resumes from after a match?
I imported Smash Wii U's theme over Melee - Menu 2, but after resuming the music from after a match it starts off from a seemingly random point.

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attempting to extract nus3bank, im getting a index not in range error.
upload_2016-4-26_12-24-10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY